"Anything which parents have not learned from experience they can now learn from their children. " - Anonymous

Saturday, October 18, 2008

at the patch

This morning we met up with the Anders family and headed to Edneyville to visit the Lyda Farm Pumpkin Patch. This is the same one Danny and I took Owen to last year. It was a little chilly and Owen was a little less than cooperative and we forgot to bring cash to actually buy pumpkins and fried pies, but overall, we still had a good time.



"DOWN!" he screams. (Wanna see O's tonsils? Click to enlarge)
He was more interested in corn and ugly yellow gourds than the beautiful orange pumpkins.




"Down!" he screams, again.

Oh, and sweet gentle Ben lying in the pumpkins....



and propped up by the pumpkins...

and our attempt at a family picture. Yeah, don't expect this one in your Christmas card.

Things I see wrong with this picture.... my hair, Danny's glasses, neither child is looking at the camera, we're blocking the pumpkins and Owen is holding two apples up like boobs (all boy).

Last year can be seen here.


9 comments:

Mimi said...

The family picture was sooo funny. I got a big chuckle out of Owen. When your children get older you can look back on that picture and just laugh and laugh. :-) Merry

The Presnell's said...

That's so funny!! We plan to take Skylar to the pumpkin patch next weekend, since Terry is going to the Panther game tomorrow and we couldn't today. I think our pictures will turn out the same way as yours, but only bad (yours are great!). Skylar is never cooperative, :). Welcome to my world. haha Oh we didn't go to Homecoming, but plan to go to the WCU/APP game Nov 22nd. You guys should go too and also I meant to reply about Owen's bday. My birthday is the same weekend as the party, so we will most likely be doing something around here, not that I will have a parade and clowns, that was last year. haha

Anonymous said...

i could not stop laughing at the family picture description.... love the apple boobs :)- Ali

Erika said...

I didn't even see the apple boobs until I read it! And your hair looks great!!!

I can't believe how different Owen looks from last year.

Alice Woodruff said...

LOL! I didnt see the "boobs" either but that is too funny! We have not been to a pumpkin patch yet this year...perhaps next weekend we will go.

Heather M. said...

LOL! Your family photo is awesome! :)

Maggie said...

Ha ha, I probably shouldn't own up to being the one who took the picture! I didn't even notice the apple boobs. That cracks me up.

Anonymous said...

I love the family picture! hehe!

Crystal said...

OH, my gosh - your description of the photo is priceless!! But that's what this moment in time was like so it's totally real. Your kitchen is gorgeous - can't wait to see the bathroom. Do you do housecalls?? You can come and do my house anytime - I'll play with the kids!