"Anything which parents have not learned from experience they can now learn from their children. " - Anonymous

Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Baby Shower Cake

My friend Julie's boyfriend (are we calling him that, Julie? ) threw a couples shower for a friend of his. Julie thought it would be cute if they had a cake with purple polka dots, thinking this was not to girlie, but manly enough for a male hosted baby shower. Well, he thought otherwise and this is what he came up with....


Male for ya!

The baby is already here and her name is Abbie(y). I do not know Abbie, but I do know they had Crabby Abbie dip in her honor and various other foods all which had catchy names.

Julie said they also played a version of the Newlyweds game where they would ask the mom and dad each how they would handle certain things with Abbie as a baby and as she grows. For instance, "At what age do you find it appropriate to talk about...," etc. I thought this was a cute idea.

Anyway, just thought I would share. Maybe you'll consider a conception cake at your next shower, ha!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

HA!! yeah, that's what we are calling him.
I'm still mourning the loss of my "proper" shower cake.
I've got to get you the rest of the names of the food... everything was "named"...
-julie

Anonymous said...

that is hysterical! love that idea!! too cute!- Ali

me said...

That is awesome!!!! I had to share this great idea with others!!!