This morning my neighbor called and informed me her and her husbands cars had been broken in to and she was wondering if Danny and I noticed anything strange. Danny was already at work and he hadn't mentioned anything, so I went outside to check my car. Sure enough, my doors were unlocked and it looked like a bomb had blown up inside. Everything was out of my console, cd's were all over the front seat and there were dvd's all over the backseat. Everything was out of the diaper bag and my owner's manual/case was upside down in the glove box. I guess they weren't interested in children's cd's and Bob the Builder, Mickey Mouse, Go, Diego, Go and Baby Einsteins weren't what they were looking for either. Perhaps they were looking for objects of identification? Gas? Not sure.
I called the police department and they sent an officer out to file a report. There wasn't much he could do since nothing was stolen. He said things like this often happen in neighborhoods where there is a lot of construction. GREAT!
Any who, I filed a report, requested more police presence in the neighborhood,contacted our property management company, and we're getting quotes from a few security companies. I am also considering getting a gun, which I have always opposed, and asked Danny if we could take shooting classes (I pitty the fool who tries this again). And it would be a good idea to also make sure we keep our doors and cars locked at all times!!!!
I feel so violated.
7 comments:
Livingston Farms had this going on for the past 3 weeks. Fletcher Police is all over it. They had over 9 reports in one day. They stole our GPS. That is scary!- Ali Parris
Once, on Halloween, before we had children and when we lived in another house, our house was broken into. Like you, I've never felt so violated in my life. Fortunately, we got EVERYTHING back (except the money). I went to the police station with pictures of the majority of stuff that was taken (this was in 1986) and we had it all back before the end of the week. Apparently some juveniles were ditching school (close to our house) raised open a window and carefully set the lamp aside so it wouldn't get broken, then unlocked the back door (because the key was left in the bolt lock!!!!) then they took off with our jewelry boxes, a backpack with stuff they could cram inside and put it all in a trunk of a vehicle down the street (for that purpose). The police found the vehicle with everything inside. so we were extremely lucky - but very violated. All this happened from the time Joe left for work at 10:00 AM and the time I came home for lunch about 11:30 AM. I think I drove up in the garage while they were inside the house and they took off. Spooky.....
Someone also broke into our home once too. This is when Kimberly was a baby, Bryan was 1 1/2 and Andy was in preschool. I was a stay at home mom too and this was when Frankie owned his own business and was working out of the building in the back yard. He also had an employee working with him at the time. I was helping out at an Easter party for Andy's preschool class. I am not sure where Frankie and his employee were, but they were not here at the time either. I think that it was a random thing because I was usually home all the time. They came in through the front window (image that) which was locked. They just stuck something up under the lock and popped it open. They had to cross over little Andy's bed to get in. They know just what to get once they are inside and where you keep everything. So don't even think about hiding things under the bed. The jewelry box is one of the first things that they go for. I lost my grandmorther's engagement ring that I would have liked to give Kimberly one day and some other nice pieces of jewelry. We also had some rolled coins under the bed in a box that Frankie had made (about $500.00). They had also taken the liberty of going through all our drawers. They had started to uplug the tv's and vcr's when they must have gotten spooked and ran out the front door (image that). When I came home from the Easter party the front door was wide open as they must not have had time to close it. That was my first clue that things were not right. I immediately went to the neighbors and called the police. They could not do very much either and we never got anything back. Thankfully they did not get away with too much. Like Cindy said you totally feel violated. It was hard to sleep in the house that night. The next day we went to check out secruity systems and had one installed. We no longer have a dog, but a big black one is a good deterrent.
Enjoy reading your blog and looking at all the pictures.
Love, Merry
Oh gosh... it just goes to show, that this can happen anywhere. I'm sorry. Terry and I just talked about how we leave our doors unlocked too, although we have nothing valuable, I would be so mad if they stole Skylar's car seat! I am going to start locking my doors again. Yikes! Also, I feel the same way about having a gun and then I get nervous, because of Skylar being in the house. Ugh.. so therefore, we would lock it up and hide it, but then I think, what if I have 2 seconds to react to a burgular? I'm on the fence I guess about having a gun in our house. I need a bodyguard or a security guard, aha!
That is too weird... night before last, the same thing happened to us! i left my car unlocked and when i got in, it looked like a bomb had gone off. my glove compartment was open and papers were all over the front seats. they stole my GPS... but weren't interested in anything else. like you... i feel extremely violated! it is creepy to think i was right inside the house when they were going through my stuff in my car!
-Sumer Edwards
oh my gosh, that's awful and so scary.
I feel your pain. When our house was broken and stuff was taken I was so worried that they'd come back after seeing the other stuff that they didn't get that time. We never recovered anything that was taken. So sad, my Mom's engagement ring and my original bridal set is gone forever. I still like I need to booby trap the house sometimes. And yes, feeling violated takes forever to get over-especially when they've been in your bedroom!
Post a Comment