"Anything which parents have not learned from experience they can now learn from their children. " - Anonymous

Sunday, June 1, 2008

The "Greatest" Show on Earth

This afternoon Owen and I met Katherine and her son Caden, whom we met a few months ago at Kindermusik, downtown for the circus. Owen and I had to park about a mile away and I didn't know how difficult it would be to take a stroller into the Civic Center, so I carried him..... pregnant and in 78 degree weather. When we got to the Civic Center, we waited for a few minutes for Kathrine and Caden to arrive and then we went to go in. Not that easy... The tickets we had were complimentary vouchers, not tickets, so they needed to be traded for seat assigning tickets. This meant both of us had to get in that LONG line of ticket buyers and hold two very squirmy toddlers. I think at this point we both wondered how good of an idea it was to actually be going.

Once we got our tickets, we headed to our seats. We had a great center view of the "one ring" circus.

Owen seemed to love the first half of the show, especially the music. They played the "Hot Dog" music from Mickey Mouse Clubhouse during a dachshund performance. He really liked the elephants and the man on the bicycle.

After a very brief intermission, I think both he and Caden were tired and ready to go. We left just after the tigers and headed home. Owen was asleep before I was even to the interstate. That was a little after three. It's 7:10 pm and he is still asleep. Probably should wake him so he'll sleep tonight. Poor guy has been drug all over this weekend! He's been to Dick's Sporting Goods, Bed, Bath and Beyond, Barnes and Noble, Lowe's and Target (for the millionth time.)


Here's Owen in the car on the way to the circus...

Watching the elephants, his favorite...


Sitting next to me for a SHORT period of time...


Not too sure about sitting in the seat...or maybe it was the acrobats?



2 comments:

Heather M. said...

Sounds like fun (except for the waiting in line part)! Hope you are doing well!

Anonymous said...

He looks so grown up sitting in that seat. It's remarkable. It's nice to see you posting again. I was in Owen's corner withdraw :-) See you tonight!
julie