"Anything which parents have not learned from experience they can now learn from their children. " - Anonymous

Friday, June 27, 2008

36 weeks

Today I went for my 36 week appointment. Little Ben's heartbeat is around 130 beats/minute and I measured at 33 cm. Dr. Horton was a little concerned that I didn't measure 36 cm and that I had lost 1 lb, so she scheduled me for an ultrasound. Meanwhile, she checked my cervix and I am 3 cm dilated and 50% effaced with Ben head down.

I went to have the ultrasound and what a treat! I got to see Ben's little lips, eyes, chin, his feet and toes and the tech pointed out that he has hair and is indeed still a boy! He was moving just a little; mostly putting his fingers in his mouth and stretching with his little feet poking me in the left side.

As for what Dr. Horton wanted to see from the ultrasound, everything looked OK. She was afraid he might not be growing like he should, but everything measured at 36 weeks and his weight is estimated at approximately 6 lbs 5 oz. The tech feels he will be pretty close to what Owen weighed when he was born.


5 comments:

The Ledfords said...

Wow, that is so exciting that you are already dilating and effaced! I know it can be much different with your second, but 3 cm seems like a lot to me since I never got there without the pitocin!! I love knowing it could be any day now! Can't wait to hear!

Heather said...

Oh how exciting! You look great :)

Alice Woodruff said...

Wow, Ben will be here soon..I can't wait to meet him. Oh, and yay for 3 cm dialation...thats 3 less you have to go! :)

Heather M. said...

You look so good, Crystal! I'm glad things are going so well with you and with Ben. That is really wonderful news!

Anonymous said...

You look wonderful - like you were made to be a mom. Maybe you should do it a couple more times.... :)

Kristen