"Anything which parents have not learned from experience they can now learn from their children. " - Anonymous

Monday, June 9, 2008

What were we thinking?

While we were in the Charlotte area this past weekend, we decided to take on Carowinds and the HEAT on Sunday. It was me, Danny, Owen, mom, Chip, and my cousin Lesa and her husband Ken. I can't ride the rides seeing as though I am super preggo and mom and Chip don't ride as it is, so Lesa, Ken and Danny set off to ride their first roller coaster as we sat in the best shade we could find. It didn't take them long to wait and ride the first roller coaster, so they headed off to #2. Ok, at this point we should have made a better plan than us sitting and waiting. After about an HOUR, and Owen being super fussy, me, mom, Chip and Owen headed off to the waterpark, just hoping the three thrill seekers could find us. Come to find out, they waited almost two hours to ride the ride. Thank goodness we didn't wait much longer.

They only rode the two rides and luckily found us in the kiddie section of the waterpark. It was at least 100 degrees and none of us were up for much other than being in the water, in the shade and drinking lots of water.






2 comments:

Heather said...

Yes, what were you thinking going out in the Charlotte HEAT? I'm glad you had fun at the water park though! Hopefully this darn heat will be over SOON.

Alice Woodruff said...

Yeah I was wondering if you guys had factored in the heat when you thought about going on sunday...but I'm sure you still had fun and that's all that matters!!