"Anything which parents have not learned from experience they can now learn from their children. " - Anonymous

Monday, June 9, 2008

Catching up...

Visitors and play dates
and all things in between

Last week was a busy week for us. We were so excited when we found out our good friend Kristen and her daughter Erin were in town. I had an appointment to get my hair cut and Julie was kind enough to come play with Owen, so I could actually get a hair cut. While at the salon, Kristen's mom dropped her and Erin off and I brought them back to the house for a short visit. Owen LOVED playing with Erin. She's a silly girl and is full of ENERGY, just what Owen needed, since I have been less than energetic lately.

Here they are as they winded down a bit.



On Wednesday, I had my 33 week check-up. Everything is looking normal and I am measuring right where I should be. I hadn't gained any weight (probably since I have been non stop since we moved) and little Ben's heartbeat sounded great. I imagine starting either at my 35th or 36th week check-up, I'll start being checked for dilation and effacement.

Not long after I got home, our neighbors from the house we just moved from, Amy and her youngest son Adam from came over for lunch. They only stayed for about an hour, and I believe Owen LOVED every minute of it. He really enjoys playing with other kids.

Thursday, Danny came home for lunch while I went for a pedicure. It was WONDERFUL!!!! It was an hour long-heavenly and much needed escape. I had everything from a foot massage and scrub, leg scrub and massage, my feet dipped in HOT wax and put into these warm booties and finally, painted toes. All the while sitting in one of those massage chairs. It was something I should treat myself to more often. This was actually part of a package Danny put together for me for Christmas. I had already had a 90 minutes massage and I still have left a 60 minute facial. I'll probably save that for after Ben is born.

Friday we signed the seller documents for the house we were supposed to have already closed on.......It looks like it will be later this week before the actual closing will take place. AWWWWWW. And then later that after noon, Owen and I went and visited with our friends Maggie and Miles. Owen LOVES Miles. When we got to their house, Miles greeted Owen by saying, "Owen, I missed you!" It was the cutest thing I have ever seen. They play so well together and I had never heard so much squealing and giggling from two little boys.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was glad we finally had a chance to visit. I love your new house. Hope we can get together again next time we're in town.

Kristen