"Anything which parents have not learned from experience they can now learn from their children. " - Anonymous

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

baby names....

I went through a book of baby names last night and made a list of ones that I like. I just e-mailed them to Danny and he responded with facial expressions.

Who knows what this child will be named. Don't worry, I know we have plenty of time, but I am dying to have some fancy pants and bath towels monogrammed :)

Here is my first list e-mail to Danny (there may be many more to come)...

Names.....

Lauren Kate :-)
Paige Elizabeth :-)
Amelia Paige :-(
Audrey Paige :-)
Nora Alice :-(

Ones I know you'll hate...
Lillian :-(
Noelle :-\
Eloise :-( >:o :'(

(Elizabeth, Alice and Lillian are family names)

We tend to be drawn to classic and simple names. I want something strong and a little girlie, but I don't want her name to sound too young when she's an adult. We also tend to choose names that we won't shorten. Ben is just Ben and not Benjamin.


Oh, and the boys and I went to Old Navy and picked up a few itty bitty pink things for baby girl to wear next summer :)

18 comments:

Melissa Flick said...

I really like Audrey Paige and Paige Elizabeth. When I have a girl we want to name her Bailey Paige.

The Baum's said...

I love the name Paige! (That was going to be my middle name until Mom realized my initials would be APE!)

I'm a big fan of Audrey Paige! :)

Cindy said...

I like Lauren Kate (did you know Lorna's middle name is Kay?). I do like the name Paige. I've become a big fan of spelling names weird (like Baylee, Makynzee, Krystyn, Katelynn, Katheigh, etc.) I don't know why. I guess it just seems so unique and I'm all about being unique. Whatever you pick will be a great name for YOUR child! I like both Owen and Ben's names, too.

Heather said...

I think Eloise is cute! You could call her Ellie. People have asked me if Lily is short for Lillian, but I like Lily better. They are all good names!

The Presnell's said...

I love Audrey Paige! Sounds so pretty!!

Anonymous said...

So.... I was watching a movie with the name Nora and thought of it for you guys today!! What a coincidence-- considering you didnt mention that one yesterday-but I love all the choices :-) still need to drop by this week...gatcha something PINK!!
-julie

Kathy McElreath said...

I personally like Lauren Elizabeth (I know it wasn't one of the options, but I thought I would add my 2 cents!). And from a L&D perspective, none of your names are ones that I hear too much...so you are on the right track!

Anonymous said...

I totally wanted to use the name Audrey if Silas was a girl. It is such a classic name.

I'm not sure if you want suggestions but what about Ella?

Crystal Johnson said...

We are totally up for suggestions; no harm adding to my list!!! Just don't tell me if you hate a particular name or if you had a dog named something on my list :) After all, if we had children before dogs, Owen would have been a Sam and this baby would have been a Molly, so I know people choose cute name for their pets too:)

Unfortunately, Ella is the name of about 5 of our little friends, including the little girl I babysat for and one of my "Bff's" is having a girl in October and her name will be Ellen (Ellie.)


I'm getting a lot of votes for AUDREY, so it may be a major contender!!!

Maggie said...

I can totally see an Audrey in your family!! Owen, Ben and Audrey sound so good together:)

Unknown said...

I am not weird!!!!! I LOVE the name Eloise! All the people in my life that I know by that name have been the funniest and most thoughtful people. If we had had a girl, that was a top choice. I love older names. I also like Nora. What about Miriam or Sarah? Noelle is my middle name, BTW. :)

Unknown said...

One more: Marcy/Marcie

Lesa said...

I like Lelaina or Malaina and call her Lanie. I like Audrey but I think of National Lampoons when I hear it but I do like it! I teetered on Paige for a middle for the longest. Do you not like Amber? Danielle? to spin off of yours or Danny's name?

Crystal Johnson said...

Not really a fan of nicknames (personally). We really want to name the kids what they will be called.

I hate the the name Amber (no offense to other Amber's...It's my middle name) and yeah, spinning off Daniel would just be mean. She needs her own name. Danny had even tossed the idea of naming the baby Daniel if it were a boy...I would have been OK using it as a middle name, but not as a first. Same with using Alice, as much as I love that name, I would only use it as a middle since it's Danny's sister's name.

I am really leaning towards Audrey. Audrey Paige or Audrey Claire. We'll see. Danny has the final veto and I should probably let him throw a few names into the hat.

Cindy said...

I talked to Nana last night and she said what about Stella (bobo's mother's name)? How about Stella Paige? Sounds like a TV name to me...... LOL!

Cindy said...

How about Audra?

Crystal Johnson said...

I do like Stella. I love the Tori and Dean show and Stella and Tori have popped into my head a few times.

I like Audra too, but it was Danny's bosses name...maybe a little too weird for him.

Cindy said...

I had forgotten about Stella being Tori and Dean's daughter's name. I watch that show too occasionally. I also like Ava (Reese Witherspoons daughter's name).