"Anything which parents have not learned from experience they can now learn from their children. " - Anonymous

Friday, May 4, 2007

before I was a mom.....



I never tripped over toys or forgot words to a
lullaby.

I didn't worry whether or not my plants were poisonous.

I never thought about immunizations.

Before I was a Mom - I had never been puked on.

Pooped on.

Chewed on.

Peed on.

I had complete control of my mind and my thoughts.

Islept all night.

Before I was a Mom I never held down a screaming child so doctors could
do tests.

Or give shots.

I never looked into teary eyes and cried.

I never got gloriously happy over a simple grin.

I never sat up late hours at night watching a baby sleep.

Before I was a Mom I never held a sleeping baby just because I didn't
want to put them down.

I never felt my heart break into a million pieces when I couldn't stop
the hurt.

I never knew that something so small could affect my life so much.

I never knew that I could love someone so much.

I never knew I would love being a Mom.

Before I was a Mom - I didn't know the feeling of having my heart
outside my body.

I didn't know how special it could feel to feed a hungry baby.

I didn't know that bond between a mother and her child.

I didn't know that something so small could make me feel so important
and happy.

Before I was a Mom - I had never gotten up in the middle of the night
every 10 minutes to make sure all was okay.

I had never known the warmth, the joy, the love, the heartache, the
wonderment or the satisfaction of being a Mom.

I didn't know I was capable of feeling so much, before I was a Mom.

(got this in an e-mail today)

4 comments:

Heather M. said...

I had read this email before I had Helayna and thought it was nice but now re-reading it, I have tears in my eyes. Wow. It is so true and so amazing. Being a mom is the most incredible thing. Thanks for sharing this. I'm copying it and saving it for a scrapbook page!

Joanna Bolick said...

So sweet!
I never had to buy undereye concealer.
I never realized how silent the house is when they're gone.
I never knew such sweet love.

Anonymous said...

I love that! How sweet! I haven't even been through most of that stuff yet and I was sitting here about to cry! I look forward to worrying about which plants are poison and all of the other things :) Thanks for posting that, it was awesome! Amazing how life and priorites change with babies

Anonymous said...

That is great, Crystal . . . I am looking forward to experiencing all those things one day, the good and the bad! I know it's all worth it! You're doing a great job on keeping up with your blog - way to go! You know I haven't updated mine in MONTHS! Ha!

Love,
Kate