"Anything which parents have not learned from experience they can now learn from their children. " - Anonymous

Saturday, October 30, 2010

O-bot

Owen has insisted on being a robot for Halloween for months now. I think when he 1st saw the Cops and Robots episode of The Backyardigans is when his obsession began.

I started looking for ideas right away with intentions on NOT waiting until the last minute. I found a cute homemade costume that looked simple and perfect for Owen and the lady who made it gave some good advice on how-to, which was perfect!

Well, starting early didn't happen, but Danny and I were able to knock it out today...just in time for trick-or-treating tomorrow night.


Danny assembled the body and spray painted it and Owen and I decorated it. Overall, I think it came out pretty cute. Now, If we could only get him to wear it.

Materials:
4 sheets of foam board $ 2.69 each= $10.76
1 8ft dryer vent $10
1 can metallic spray paint $3. 89
1 pack of Poster Flash (battery operated flashing stars) $5.99
duct tape (we had on hand)
gauges, reflectors, and a wave/frequency graph printed from online
glue
bubble wrap to pad the inside $2.89

Grand Total: $33.53
I think next year I'll have him buy off the rack; Couture is expensive :)


Ben will be wearing Owen's old turtle costume.

3 comments:

Mimi said...

What a cute creative idea. You will have to post pictures of Owen wearing it. :-)
Love, Merry

The Presnell's said...

Take a picture of him wearing it. It looks awesome Crystal!! Really creative!

Cindy said...

This does look very good. And a great idea! Kudos to Owen for knowing what he wanted to be. I never could decide when I was growing up, it was always a hobo or a gypsy.