"Anything which parents have not learned from experience they can now learn from their children. " - Anonymous

Monday, March 9, 2009

Ben 8 Months

Do you see that little ticker over there???? It's getting a little to close to the 1 year mark, don't you think?!?!

Getting my monthly pictures of Ben with the blocks is really becoming a bit challenging. Once I finally figured out what to do about only having one letter "E, " Ben decides it would be fun to eat the blocks, roll out of the frame, and be completely distracted by something other than the camera. I must admit, I do like that it shows how much he is changing and the milestones he is reaching (I wish I could post all 45 pictures I took today so you could see all the outtakes.)

I did manage to get a few good smiles in there...

and a little block eating too!




For some reason I am really into taking pictures of him looking out the window. I just love his little profile!!!
We also made it to the park today and got a little sunshine. YAY!

and here is what my little P-nut has been up to...

Busy busy!!!!


-2/13 FIRST tooth

used a baby swing at the park for the 1st time… and LOVED it!

-2/14 he celebrated his first Valentine’s Day (it wasn’t too exciting and mommy and daddy forgot to buy him anything…good thing the grandparents always come through with cards an food for the piggy’s)

-2/16 SECOND tooth popped through while he was chewing on one of Owen’s toys (who was watching the kid???)

-2/16- 2/18 went to Denver, NC for the birth of Cousin Mackenzie Grace

-Can really sit up well now.

- 2/20 started saying BaBaBa

- 2/21 started rocking on hands and knees…I think crawling is in our very near future!

- is too long for his infant carrier, which means mommy has to suck it up and put in the big boy car seat. She is not looking forward to this!!!

- likes to ride in the stroller. We don’t do it often, but hopefully when it’s warmer and the days are longer we’ll get out more.

- eats three meals a day. We eliminated the evening cereal (due to constipation), so now he eats- cereal for breakfast, veggie and fruit for lunch and for dinner (usually ½ a stage 1 jar of each at each feeding)

- doesn’t really care for baby food. This has been a struggle for us. He has intolerance to sweet potatoes and all the others; he’s just not interested in. He is perfectly content with mommy’s milk!

- Really, really loves to be held!

- will take several short naps during the day in his crib or 1 1 hour nap in his crib in the morning and a 2 hour nap in our bed in the afternoon. I am trying to get him to take ALL his naps in his crib.

- still sleeps curled up with me. He sleeps on his side with his hand on my chest and little leg on my thigh. He has to touch me at all times! I know I need to transition him to his room, but I have to admit, I have really enjoyed co sleeping and I think it has made him such a content and easy baby! I actually have a hard time sleeping without him!

- is really into pushing buttons (he’s banging on the keyboard as I am typing, making this very difficult)

- squeals really loud at Molly and Sam

- Loves to pull Mommy’s hair

- Could look out the window all day!

- 3/5 went for his first wagon ride

- is cutting his eye teeth (poor little guy)

- is ticklish under his chin, his neck and his thighs

- Sticks his tongue out a lot (probably feels good on those teeth and gums!)

- can go from the sitting to crawling position by himself.

- is very wiggly and diaper changes are getting harder and harder

- oh and he just discovered "himself"....

- gives the sweetest open mouth kisses!


Ben is seriously a WONDERFUL baby and such a blessed addition to our family. I can't help but stare at him and want to hold him ALL the time!!!!

____________________________________________________________________


Side Note...


I decided to take on a "babysitting" job to make some extra money. Beginning tomorrow I'll be keeping a 7 month old. Her name is Ella. Danny is hoping she'll be birth control for me since I really want another baby. I hear she is pretty angelic and I can only imagine she'll make me want another baby REAL BAD (and real soon....shhh. don't tell Danny.)




oh, and here is Owen at 8 months (this was the first time I did pictures with the blocks.)

4 comments:

The Presnell's said...

I love the milestones! Way to go Ben! The pictures are too cute and I totally understand that. We took our monthly pics with the boppy pillow. Mine didn't turn out quite as well, haah!

That's funny about wanting another baby. WE're still in negotiations about another one and I'm pretty sure, we're leaning on the not in the near future or at all side, haha! Skylar is enough...for now. :) Good luck with that!

Erika said...

What great pictures, Crystal! He is so so cute.

Good luck with Ella!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE LOVE THE PROFILE PICTURE TOO!

Mom

Anonymous said...

I hope you do not mind that I stole your blog idea. I absolutely loved the pictures of the boys each month. Let me know how you made the "homemade" E so maybe I can rig ne up. There is several months coming up that I will need it. You have perfected the art of taking the pictures with the blocks. Mine are still not that great! Talk to you soon!