March 14-18
For my 30th birthday Danny and I are heading to Seattle (and yes, you read correctly, Owen will not be in tow.) At Christmas Danny surprised me with the news we were going. He and his stepmom, Natalie, planned a 5 day trip for the two of us and Danny had even convinced my mom to take time off from work to come keep Owen, Molly & Sam. I had been to Seattle once while in college and I really had a good time. However, it will be a different kind of trip this time with a limousine ride, tour of Seattle, brunch at the Space Needle and an afternoon at the spa (just what a pregnant mommy needs!)I have been a little under the weather the past few day, so I am just now getting around to doing laundry, running errands, packing and getting everything for Owen and mom in order. We are leaving tomorrow night to stay in Charlotte and we'll be flying out first thing Friday morning.
This will be the first time I have been away from Owen for more than a few hours (which is even rare.) I imagine leaving will be harder on me than on him, but I still worry about how he will react and how he will feel. He's my little sidekick and we do everything together. I know the break will be good for us, as he need to learn it's OK to be away from me and Danny and I need a vacation just the two of us before the new baby arrives. I know Owen will be in good hands!
I feel bad that mom will have to get up and feed the dogs at 5:30 am and be up with Owen by 7:30 am, but I must say, I am SOOOOOOOOO looking forward to sleeping in (hopefully my internal clock will allow this birthday present!)
BTW, we may actually have a name picked out for Owen's baby brother. I will need to confirm with Danny a few more times before I jinx it.
10 comments:
How FUN!!!
I hope you have a wonderful time!
We went to Seattle when Cole was 6 months old (with him in tow.) I can say just from the experience of the plane ride that you will enjoy not having a child along!! But it was still fun with Cole. :) We took Mark out to eat at the Space Needle for a Father's Day brunch while we were there. It's really a beautiful city!!
You must go to Pike's Market and eat hot sticky buns and absorb all the beautiful colors.
Anyway, have a great time!
PS. Happy Birthday!!
Yep, Me, O, Sam & Molly are gonna make it rain in Fletcher-(No pun about Seattle intended) I can't believe you are turning 30 & now we will be the same age ;-)
Relax & enjoy it.
I'm so glad you get to take a birthday/baby moon trip! I hope you guys have lots of fun and I know O will be in good hands w/ gramma Karen.
Lots of love-Alice
I had no idea you guys were headed to Seattle! How FUN! Have a great time, I know you will, and you are right, Owen won't be quite as sad as you!! Enjoy it and take lots of pictures!!! Happy 30th- Welcome to the club!- Ali
That sounds wonderful! I have never been to Seattle but have heard it's an awesome city! I can't wait to hear all about it! Have a blast!
Happy Birthday and wow! Have fun!!
Happy Birthday! I hope you are having a great trip! Can't wait to hear all about it.
YAY! That is totally AWESOME! I hope you have a fabulous time!!!! ENJOY!
And good for you guys for getting some away time to yourselves! I'm sure your mom will be loving every minute with her grandson!
p.s. Happy birthday! I turn 30 this year too!
Post a Comment