"Anything which parents have not learned from experience they can now learn from their children. " - Anonymous

Monday, March 24, 2008

Easter Weekend


























We had a nice Easter weekend filled with family, friends and lots of goodies. On Saturday, Gramma Karen came up and we took Owen to the local park for the much anticipated Easter Egg hunt. Let me just say, the anticipation far out weighed the the actual hunt. There were ten times as many kids as there were eggs and I really think more parents were grabbing eggs than little ones. I picked Owen up and ran in hopes of finding At least one egg, but had no luck. At the end, a sweet little girl shared one of her three eggs with Owen. He was tickled! However, I do believe he had more fun playing with his friend Miles out in the big field. They were so cute sharing their five total eggs.
Sunday morning Owen was so excited to see what the Easter Bunny brought. He got a new bath toy, some color wonder paper, finger paint and markers and a Doodlebops CD. Gramma Karen got him the bubble mower. I think it was the biggest hit!
Afterwards, Danny and I dyed eggs. We started with 12, but we broke three. Neither of us eat boiled eggs and I think we had plenty to fill the basket.
We also went for brunch at Stoney Knob with Julie. What a nice day!

1 comment:

Joanna Bolick said...

I'm pretty sure it was Cole's first (or second) Fletcher Egg hunt when he came home with only one egg. We felt so bad for him! Too many parents "helping" their kids scoop up the eggs! So the next year I stashed a few eggs in my pocket beforehand and dropped them in front of Cole during the hunt to guarantee that he would get some! So crazy!