Our new house is moving right along and at a much quicker pace than we would like. We went out there this past weekend and they had put up all the molding and had done what looked like the first coat of paint. Danny talked to the foreman and he said they were planning to have our cabinets in by Friday and during the time I have been typing this, I received a phone call from the electrician saying they are ready for us to have the lights delivered (which we have yet to order.) We are set to close April 22 and we have yet to sell our current house. AHHHHHHHH! We decided to lower the price a second time and this time we lowered it by about $3,000 less than similar houses in the neighborhood. Our realtor is also going to hold another open house this coming Sunday. Cross your fingers for good weather and lots of traffic.
"Anything which parents have not learned from experience they can now learn from their children. " - Anonymous
Wednesday, March 26, 2008
House update
Our new house is moving right along and at a much quicker pace than we would like. We went out there this past weekend and they had put up all the molding and had done what looked like the first coat of paint. Danny talked to the foreman and he said they were planning to have our cabinets in by Friday and during the time I have been typing this, I received a phone call from the electrician saying they are ready for us to have the lights delivered (which we have yet to order.) We are set to close April 22 and we have yet to sell our current house. AHHHHHHHH! We decided to lower the price a second time and this time we lowered it by about $3,000 less than similar houses in the neighborhood. Our realtor is also going to hold another open house this coming Sunday. Cross your fingers for good weather and lots of traffic.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Good luck to you on your open house! I hope things go well for you. What kind of siding are you using? Our house plan call for siding and we are using a fiber cement siding. We hit a major road block the other day with Lincoln county. To make a very long story shorter we will not be able to build 800ft off the main road on land that we've already had a tons of trees cut, perk test on, surveyed and deeded into our name :( We now have to find another peice of property and go through all of that AGAIN!!! Good thing it's family land and we're not actually having to "buy" the land. But it's still an expense. I'll have to email you pics of the house plan we picked. By the way I think your house you and Danny are building is very nice!!! Lots of room for many children...LOL
I love the house! I still think we should paint a monkey in Owen's room :-)
see you soon!
julie
Good luck with the open house! I hope it sells soon for you guys!
The new house looks great!
Post a Comment