"Anything which parents have not learned from experience they can now learn from their children. " - Anonymous

Monday, March 24, 2008

Doctor's visit

I had my 23 week check-up today and everything seems to be going well. The baby's heartbeat was 157 beats/min and I am measuring right at 23cm. He was pretty active during my visit, which helped reassure me things were OK. I have been really sick lately and I have had to take a lot more medicine than I would like. I don't know, I guess I just always worry about something going wrong.

Owen went with me this morning and he was not at all happy about the doctor coming near me. He screamed almost the entire time. Thank goodness this was a quick visit and we didn't have to wait long at all.


BTW, the little fella will be named Ben Bradford Johnson. Bradford is a family name on Danny's side and we both really like Ben. We have decided to not go with Benjamin, but rather keep it short and simple and name him what we plan to call him.

6 comments:

Joanna Bolick said...

Aww, you look great!
Yay for baby Ben!!

Anonymous said...

Look at that belly!! I like the name Ben, obviously :)

Michael Juiliano said...

you look wonderful! can't wait for maternity shots 2.0! love the name too!

The Ledfords said...

You look great! And I love the name Ben. I am glad everything is going good! He'll be here before you know it!

Heather said...

You are too cute! I'm glad everything went ok at the Dr's office and I hope you feel better soon! I like the name Ben. If we have a boy we will use that as the middle name(that's Michael's middle name).

Heather M. said...

You look awesome, Crystal! Love that cute belly! And love the name - love that you guys are going with Ben as opposed to Benjamin!
And Helayna totally SCREAMS whenever the doctor comes near me too. It's crazy and definitely challenging!