We asked the instructors if they could do some switching so Owen and his buddy Miles could be in the same group to help him feel more comfortable. Thankfully they didn't mind.
Danny and I also took Owen and Ben to the pool last Sunday for some family swim time and we worked really hard to make sure Owen felt comfortable in the water. This was all strange to us considering he has always loved the water and going to the pool and beach.
Today, Owen had his second class. We got there a little early, so we wouldn't have to throw him right to the instructor. Miles got there about the same time, which was good for moral support. His new instructor was female and I think he responded a little better to her than the guy he had last week (who was super nice and very patient, but got Owen on an off day.)
Owen went straight to the side of the pool, but quickly ran right back to us. We did a little bribing and managed to get him to listen to his instructor and he actually got in the water this week tear free! I would consider this a successful day and I hope that the next few weeks go just as well!
1 comment:
That's so cute! We want to do that too. I'm sure Skylar would have reacted the same exact way as Owen. Lol
Post a Comment