"Anything which parents have not learned from experience they can now learn from their children. " - Anonymous

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Birthday

Owen has been wanting to make me birthday cupcakes since sometime before Christmas, so needless to say, he was pretty excited when I told him it was finally my birthday and we could make cupcakes together.

I had a pretty busy day planned for us, so we actually made the cupcakes yesterday, so they would be ready for our St.Patrick's Day play date with our new little meet up group.

I received an e-mail when I had put the first pan in the oven saying the play date had been canceled. So when the cupcakes were ready to be decorated, I didn't put much thought into how they looked. After me and Owen decorated a few and gave up on the rest to sample them, I received another e-mail saying someone else volunteered to host the play group. I just hoped these ladies I was meeting for the first time wouldn't hold the ugly cupcakes against me and since Owen and I had each eaten one, I was really hoping I had enough for everyone!

I gave Owen one he could ice and sprinkle without have to worry about him sticking his finger in the icing and eating sprinkles off the other cupcakes.



I did the rest... They tasted much better than they looked!




Today we got up, had breakfast and then left for story time at the library. We've missed the past few weeks for various reasons and I think Owen was really looking forward to going today! The lady who does the class is wonderful and we all really like her!!! She read books with a St.Patrick's day theme, did a cute storyboard with 2 dueling leprechauns that she played the recorder for. Then they did a cute craft. Leaving us with just a minute to grab a few books, a video and do a puzzle before driving to our play date.


After the play date, we met Danny at Blue Sky Cafe for a quick lunch and then headed home for an hour before our appointment to tour and discuss a preschool for Owen.

After our amazing visit at a preschool we more than likely can not afford, me and the kids headed home and waited on Danny so we could go watch his final championship basketball game.


We don't know the little boy that's out there with Owen playing, but he and Owen took to each immediately and started playing while the guys were warming up. It was so cute!
(Notice Danny was not wearing his new UGLY basketball shoes.)
It was a busy, but wonderful birthday! I was spoiled with wonderful gifts, lots of cards, e-mails, flowers and time with my family. What more could a girl ask for?!

2 comments:

Heather M. said...

Happy Belated Birthday! It looks like you had a great day! The cupcakes look awesome!

And I love your new banner photo! So cute!

The Presnell's said...

You did good. :) I love the new profile picture too!! Owen and Ben are too cute!!