
This little guy has had a pretty rough week since celebrating his 1st birthday. I noticed he had a rash on his back Saturday night when I was getting him ready for Bed. I assumed it was a heat rash since he was wearing long pants, shoes (for the 1st time) and was held A LOT. I dismissed any concern until Monday when were having lunch with Maggie. Both she and I watched his face swell from the time we arrived at her house until we ate. I got really concerned then and called Danny to make an appointment for Ben during a time where he could watch Owen. He was able to get an appointment at 3:30p, and this just seemed like a long time when swelling was involved, so I called back and spoke with a nurse about his symptoms and getting the appointment changed. She thought I may need to take him to the ER, but I suggested coming there first (who wants to go to the ER w/a baby if they don't have to?). She suggested giving him Children's Benedryl and a baking soda bath, and we rescheduled for 2:30p. Maggie kept Owen and Danny and I got Ben ready (meds and bath) and took him to the Dr. We didn't see our regular Dr., but we did get an appointment with the doctor that saw Ben in the hospital (thought that was pretty neat!) He felt Ben either had Roseola or Hives. We ruled out Roseola since there was swelling and he didn't have a high fever the week before. The Hives could be from any one of the million things he was exposed to for the first time on his birthday (sitting in the grass, cake with eggs, milk, wheat, etc, bug spray, laundry det, etc...) So, now it's trial and error to find out what the cause is!Yesterday, I noticed his left eye had become really red (along with the swelling he has been experiencing.) I am thinking it may be pink eye caused from either the allergy or picked-up from one of the kids he was around that day. Who knows. Now I am trying to decide if I should take him back to the doctor or just wait until Monday when he goes for his well check...
It's not slowed him down, which is a good thing!
2 comments:
Poor thing! What a way to celebrate his first birthday. Hopefully it will be something easily fixed (or discovered if he's allergic to something.)
He is so sweet! I hope he's feeling better soon! Have you figured anything out yet?
I've been thinking about you. Sorry I haven't been commenting on the blog - I've been reading but haven't had the time to comment. I hope you guys are well. :)
Post a Comment