We are quickly learning that making decisions after Bruegger's is not a good idea (this is also where we were when we decided to build this house ans "sell" our other one.)
At Lowe's, we found several yellows that we liked and that looked great in the store. We decided on Carolina Inn Crossroads Gold and black and cream curtains with a chunky black curtain rod; it looked great in the buggy and we were so excited to get started!
We ended up with French's mustard yellow....Both of us hated it and knew it needed to go QUICKLY!
After looking through a Sherwin Williams Fan deck for about 5 hours, getting suggestions from anyone willing to share their favorite colors and Googling dining room images with all possible color combinations, I finally e-mailed a friend about a color in his house...Uncertain Grey... We actually picked one shade darker, Foggy Day, and viola!
We returned the curtains, but here is what it looks like.
When we got home, an old neighbor came over and brought her little Kaitlyn (who I used to babysit) and she an Owen played for hours!
At one point Owen locked the house door and closed it, with all of outside but Ben who was sleeping. I panicked and was trying to use a piece of paper to break in. Thank goodness my neighbors son was walking outside and he let me use his license to break in.
As soon as I opened the door, the phone started ringing. It was Danny and he was coming home early. Whew, it was good to know that even if we couldn't have gotten in, at least Danny would have been home soon.
4 comments:
it was certainly a fun day, and the blue looks perfect!!!
Even though I painted my kitchen bright yellow; I like your blue much better!
love the new color! sounds like you are having a great summer!
I actually liked the yellow. That's the same color in our kitchen hahah... I love the blue you chose too. Very pretty and calming.
Post a Comment