"Anything which parents have not learned from experience they can now learn from their children. " - Anonymous

Thursday, July 9, 2009

Happy 1st Birthday Sweet Ben!

I have been replaying this day a year ago in my head for the past few days and over and over last night while I was trying to sleep. Every time I look at the clock I think about what I was doing at that exact moment last year. It's so crazy how vivid it all still is; just like it was yesterday.

Last night we took Ben to have his picture made at Picture People (I'll share those later.) I had a free coupon and another free sheet with the "Portrait Club" and a $10 off. So we got a 10x13, 8x10 and a picture frame for free. I stopped and got balloons on our way and the lady had already counted her drawer, so she said they were free and her gift to the birthday boy.

I guess Ben was excited to celebrate his birthday, so he woke Danny and I up bright and early at 4:49am ready to play!

This morning I made Pumpkin Bran muffins for Ben and Owen for breakfast. I thought this would be better than giving him more cake than he really needs.
He seemed to like it.Owen had two mufcakes; as he calls them.
Ben playing in the party drawer.
Bethany stopped by on her way out of town to tell the boys bye.

Ben has already received several cards and Ella brought him a birthday balloon this morning. What a lucky little guy!



4 comments:

The Presnell's said...

Ben is so cute!! Happy Birthday Ben!! Btw, Bethany's hair looks so good short. Or has it been short for a while and I just now noticed? :)

me said...

Happy Birthday Ben! So glad I could see everyone this morning! And thanks to Pamela! I just cut it a few weeks ago!

The Ledfords said...

Happy Birthday Ben!! What a sweetheart!

Heather M. said...

Happy Birthday to Ben!!!! I can't believe he's one already! That means Silas is turning one soon! Sigh...