"Anything which parents have not learned from experience they can now learn from their children. " - Anonymous

Monday, April 6, 2009

nearly 9 months


Saturday night Ben had an appointment at Picture People. We don't love their pictures, but we use the free coupons to get 10x13's to hang on the wall. I haven't taken Ben since he was 4 months, so it was due time to update his frame!

We were going to go as a family, but the appointment was at 7:20 pm and it was trumped by a basketball game. So, Danny and Owen stayed behind for bath time and ball games.

I really enjoyed getting out of the house with just Ben. Danny had put Owen's other car seat in my car for Ben, so he had his first ride in his big boy car seat! I think he loved it! I put in my new burned copy of Brit Brit, did a little car dancing (because that's what you do, right?!), and then Ben fell asleep and I had to turn the volume down and just drive... Oh well.

We got to the mall just in time for Ben's apt., so we went straight to PP. They were pretty busy with people getting Easter Pictures, so we had to wait about 20 minutes. I thought this would give Ben some time to wake up anyways, so I didn't mind too much.

When the girl finally started taking his picture, he reminded me a lot of Chandler in the Friends episode where he and Monica are getting engagement pictures taken. He would be smiling and laughing and then as soon as she would go to take the picture and the flash would go off, he would make this cross eyed, weird expression face. She did manage to capture a few expressions and looks that I just love! I picked one Chandler picture and one full body "milestone" picture. I am hoping to take both Owen and Ben back sometime soon when their Easter outfits get here. I have another coupon :)

Look at this picture again and see if you think Ben looks like Danny...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

those pictures turned out so cute! we have got to get back to Picture People soon! i thought it was hard with 2 trying to pose at once, not sure how it will be with 3! i got a good picture of ben from the birthday party- i think i sent you- he was about to do his "worm"- Ali

Cindy said...

I think Ben looks like you, Crystal, right now.

The Ledfords said...

I am taking ABbie to the PP tomorrow for our free portrait! I hope they turn out good! I love Ben's! They don't do a bad job, and like you said w/ the coupons it's not a bad deal!