"Anything which parents have not learned from experience they can now learn from their children. " - Anonymous

Friday, January 30, 2009

RSV

Wednesday night Owen was running a fever of 102.7, we gave him some Motrin and he slept with me while Danny slept in the guest room. Around 4 am I reached over and noticed he was soaked and his fever must have broke. Yesterday morning he was real lethargic and just wanted to lie on the couch. He kept telling me he was sleepy. This is not typical behavior of Owen (or any other 2 year old), so I knew he must be feeling bad. He rested for a little while and then fell asleep. When he woke up, I noticed he was really warm, pale white and his cheeks were blistery red. I took his temp and he was 103.7. I gave him more Motrin, and called Danny to see if he could come home so I could shower and take Owen to the doctor. He did and we actually all went as a family.

As soon as we walked into the doctor's office, he (Owen) was a totally different child. No more fever and tons of ENERGY. We wanted to have him listened to anyways, but boy we really didn't want to waste a co-pay.

When the doctor finally came in, he listened to Owen and said he sounded normal, but he did have a little fluid in one of his ears. We mentioned that we had all been sick and just couldn't seem to get it out of the house. He then listened to Ben and he actually sounded like he had RSV, so Dr. Love thinks that's what we have and it just keeps circulating around the house.

So, we're all snotty, coughing and just having to work our way through it; I guess.

(The battery in my camera is dead, so new pictures until I can get to the store. It's payday, so maybe I can get one tonight.)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

feel better soon. Poor Owen with that high fever! as soon as you guys get rid of this I'm coming over to play :-)
but not until then :-)
julie

Anonymous said...

I hope everyone is better soon! We had it run through here twice last year. I found that a cold mist humidifier in the bedroom at night knocks it out in about half the time!

The Presnell's said...

You poor thing. That's what I thought Skylar had a few weeks ago. :( I hope you all feel better soon! :)

Chris, Molly, and Baby said...

Hope you all start to feel better soon. I'm sick and I smell like one big hand sanitizer because I'm trying so hard to keep everyone in the house from getting it! That's my big fear that I give it to Virginia and then I get it back and it just becomes a vicious cycle.
Feel better soon!

Heather M. said...

Oh no! I hope you guys are feeling better and were able to relax a bit this weekend.