
My sweet sweet Owen is a tad under the weather today. He started showing signs of not feeling well yesterday. He was a little raspy, had a cough and very little appetite. When I put him down for his nap, he started coughing and throwing up. He went to bed a little early last night and today he has just been taking it easy. He didn't nap today either. I think he is having a hard time with drainage, which is causing an awful cough, and making it hard for him to lye down. When I noticed he wasn't napping, I went to get him and he said, "mama, chew ice." I figured then, he must have a sore throat. Poor little fella!


Owen is really starting to change so much! He talks NON STOP and is now speaking in 2-3 word sentences and speaks very clearly. We love it now that he can communicate with us and tell us what he wants. He said his first full sentence today, "Mama, are those crackers?" I got so tickled that I had to call his Gramma. He has started memorizing his books and will sit and read to himself now or help me when I am reading to him. I will usually read and pause from time to time and he will fill in the blanks. He is also a little song bird and dancing machine! He is really into building things (towers and bridges), he loves to draw and color and he is still all about letters and numbers. We have been working on opposites and directionals. He finds them to be pretty exciting (especially whisper and shout). He's starting to get a little picky about what he'll eat (GREAT), so I bought the Deceptively Delicious Cookbook hoping to sneak in some veggies here and there. We started with pumpkin french toast... next, cauliflower mac and cheese... Wish me luck!
and I just wanted to share this adorable shot of Danny and Ben.
5 comments:
Poor little man. :( He's still cute as a button when sick. :)
I just bought that cookbook too! I haven't made anything out of it but I'm curious to find out how the stuff really tastes! You have two adorable little guys.
Molly
Yes, I finally found time to update everything. I thought I would never get around to it! Your boys are precious! Wes will be 2 on March 1st. Sawyer was 2 months yesterday. Time is flying! I am loving being the mom of two sweet boys. (It may add gray hairs very early, but oh well!) I would love to come visit sometime soon. I am off on Thursdays, so lets get one on the calendar. for this month of next for sure!
You have such a lovely family; I'm glad you're part of mine. I'm sorry Owen is feeling puny. I always hated it when mine were sick - you can see it in their little eyes. But when they're feeling better - watch out!
Cute photos! I hope he's feeling better soon!
My friend made the chicken nuggets/fingers from that cookbook and even fooled her hubby! :)
Post a Comment