"Anything which parents have not learned from experience they can now learn from their children. " - Anonymous

Thursday, January 1, 2009

My New Year's Resolutions...

1. Get organized...starting with the Christmas decorations, outgrown clothes and toys and then move on to the closets and garage!

2. Spring Clean the house. What I really want to do is move all contents onto the front lawn and hose out the house. Is this possible??? I am in search of the perfect cleaning supplies. Any suggestions? I tried going green, but I just didn't get that fresh-sterile clean that I desired. So today, I went back to the good ol open a window and turn on the fan type cleaning supplies.

3. Start making lists again. I used to be so good at doing this. I need to schedule certain chores for particular days (so they actually get done) and hold myself accountable. For example, no chocolate if the laundry isn't folded and put away.

4. Put forth a little more effort in redirecting my redistributed weight.

5. Get Ben's clothes and things into his room, so his current dresser (the pack-n-play) can be used for him to sleep in (rather than in our bed) and eventually get him sleeping in his room.

6. Go to a movie with Danny (the last movie we saw together was The Pursuit Of Happyness in December of 2006.)

7. Plan out meals, cook more, clip coupons (remember to use them before they expire), etc., in order to eat out less and save a little money.

8. Recycle.

9. Potty train Owen (anyone else want this one?)

10. Spend less time on the computer, so I can actually tackle the said resolutions!

It's a start.... Right?


Happy New Year!

First pics of the
New Year





3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your resolution list sounds just like mine (inserting proper names). Hey and you've already started on your resolution to start making lists, thanks to your resolution list. Wonder how many we'll keep this year. Do good intentions account for anything???

Miss you, Kristen

Heather M. said...

I could pretty much copy and paste your list onto my blog...

Happy New Year, Crystal! I hope it's off to a great start!

The Presnell's said...

I love it! I'm right there with you on the potty training. We're starting that this month too. My goal is to have him trained by July. Is that even possible? We'll see, hahha... My mom tells me every time we talk about how she had all 5 of us kids potty trained before our 1st birthday....WHAT? I wished I knew her secret!