We took Owen and Ben to the mall today to see Santa and to get Ben's first Christmas ornament. The line for Santa wasn't too bad and Owen seemed really excited to go see him. We have been watching Christmas shows on TV and singing Christmas songs all month and I think he's finally figured out who this big guy is and what he is all about.When it was finally Owen's turn to see Santa, he was WAY more interested in a toy train set they had on display. He kept screaming "TRAIN! TRAIN!" I told him he would get a candy cane if he went to see Santa, and that was the only way I could get him over to him. Once we tried to get Owen to sit on his lap, he took off running towards the train set...Boy, oh boy! We figured we'd at least try to get a picture of Ben first and then we'd wrangle Owen for one of the two of them. The one of Ben came out really cute and then we put Owen on Santa's other knee and ended up with a picture of him half naked squirming out of Santa's arms. We then asked him to go give Ben a kiss and FINALLY, the lady got a semi decent picture of the two of them. Now, if we had only fixed Owen's hair... Hopefully he asked Santa for a hair cut!!!
Oh, and this Santa wasn't giving out candy canes, instead he had paper hats like the ones you used to get at Burger King. Owen was not happy with the hat and kept saying "candy cane, candy cane." Next year I'll bring my own...
I think Ben asked Santa for the ability to grab his feet and to roll over from back-to-front, because he did both today!!!! Yay for Ben!!!
I keep asking Owen what he wants from Santa and each time he says " A-B-C." Whatever that means...
4 comments:
I'm jealous! That picture is too cute. We couldn't get Miles to even go near Santa.
Go Ben!
What a cute picture of both the boys together with Santa. Hope ya'll have a wonderful Christmas!
:-) Love, Merry
Crystal, what a great picture!!!
Merry Christmas to your family!
that is a really cute picture!!- Ali
Post a Comment