"Anything which parents have not learned from experience they can now learn from their children. " - Anonymous

Saturday, December 27, 2008

Christmas

Christmas Eve was such a late night, that we all slept in Christmas morning. I guess we should enjoy these mornings while they last. I imagine in the next few years Owen and Ben will be up just after Santa's sleigh leaves to see what he left for them. I remember lying in bed with such great anticipation, barely able to sleep and getting up as soon as I thought Santa had been there.

When we finally all (Owen slept the latest) got out of bed, we brought Owen downstairs and he couldn't have been more excited to see all the "presents" Santa had left for him and Ben.

Ben seemed to really like his too, but poor little guy will get nothing first hand seeing as though Owen had taken to playing with ALL Ben's new things as well.

Here is Ben enjoying his Sound Stage, ABC blocks, Lamaze bug, Learning Table, two new books, clothes and of course Santa has to bring new socks!
This little guy was spoiled as well. Santa brought him an easel and lots of accessories, a Radio Flyer turtle, a Mr. Potato Head, Go Go Coloring Pages, See and Spell Puzzle, bath letters and numbers, a new Percy train, a few books and of course Santa had to bring him new socks as well.












Thank you Gramma and Baw Baw for helping make this a very special Christmas for both Ben and Owen!!!

After we finished opening presents, we started getting ready for Christmas dinner. Mom brought the ham, but other than that Danny and I wanted to make dinner for everyone.

We had mashed potatoes, corn casserole, cranberry/apple bake, grilled asparagus and ham. I thought everything came out very yummy!

We are so lucky to have Danny's grandparents near by. We just love that they can come visit often and that they can celebrate the holidays with us.

My grandma sent a pound cake up with mom, Nana brought a carrot/coconut cake and mom had made some fudge and these little pretzel chocolate bites of heaven.
Owen has figured out how to push chairs around the kitchen to get to things he wants. Who taught him this?????? He was really wanting some of that cake!



Don't Nana and Bobo look super adorable!!!! (and might I note, Nana remembered to take out the curler before she came. )

That night, Danny went and rented a few movies. We really wanted Christmas Vacation, but they were all rented, so he opted for Baby Mama and The Dark Night. mom and Chip (or Baw Baw as Owen refers to him) cuddled up in the living room to watch Baby Mama. I know Danny rented this for me, but I have to admit, this movie was AWFUL! I think I made myself laugh once to make him feel better about renting it.
Santa's helpers....Chip and mom...


We hope you all had a very Merry Christmas and are looking forward to the new year as much as we are.
Now, I am off to find homes for all the new toys...

3 comments:

Cindy said...

It looks like you had a wonderful Christmas. And thank goodness, Nana left her curler at home!!

Anonymous said...

I was so glad to see the new posts... new reading material. What a wonderful Christmas! Owen and Ben are so lucky! Love you guys!
julie

Heather M. said...

Love the new look of your blog! :)
Sounds like you guys had a great Christmas! The boys got spoiled!!!!