Danny and I decided to decorate the outside of our house this year for Christmas. We've never done this, so we have had to go out and buy garland, lights, wreaths, drop cords, etc. One of the things we still need are bows. Not just any bows, but the perfect bows, and I want bows for all the wreaths and for the outside lights. I don't want the bright red pre-made velvet bows and I don't want plaid, I'm not exactly sure what I want, but I know I'll know it when I see it. Any who, I sent Danny out this morning to get bows made at Michael's, but the bow lady wasn't there. He came home with some very pretty and shiny ribbon. The only thing is, I can't make the PERFECT bow. So..... I ventured out.... in the rain.... with Ben to peruse Target and Michael's for more bows. I get to the shopping center, park a mile away (in the pouring rain), get the stroller out of the car, stand there for 5 minutes while the lady next to me be balances her check book so I could get Ben out of the car w/o her driving over us, finally get Ben in the stroller, sprint to the front door of Target, and then realize..... I forgot my purse.
Turn around, sprint back to the car, load up, and then head home. When I get home, as I am getting Ben out of the car, I step back in the oh so very soggy side yard and sink deeply, soaking my Birkenstock (who wears backless shoes in the rain???), my sock, and my jeans. As soon as I get in the house, I take my pants and socks off and leave them in the laundry room and then Danny greets me pant less, in my raincoat... carrying Ben in the carrier. I said to him, "I am just not meant to have bows. It's just not meant to be." He replied, "Where's your pants?"
The End...
3 comments:
You really are Super Mom! Too funny-thanks for the before bedtime laugh.
I'm sure the look on his face was priceless!
I used to be able to make good bows back in the day when I worked at the florist. I bet they would look pitiful now though.
I thought I commented on this one. It's too funny. I bet that was a priceless moment, ahah! Where's your pants, I'm still laughing.
Post a Comment