Normally we invite ourselves down to Danny's Grandparent's for Thanksgiving, but this year we had dinner at our house. Danny's mom, her boyfriend Randy and his son Wayne drove up from Winston-Salem and Danny's Nana and Bobo came up from Spartanburg. We had a pot-luckish buffet with a smoked turkey, dressing, sweet potato souffle, cranberry-apple bake, cranberry sauce, mac and cheese, green bean casserole, a few corn relishes, spinach artichoke dip and a few other appetizers. For dessert, Nana made a pumpkin-chocolate chip cheesecake and a cake and Danny made hazelnut truffles, YUM!
Because we don't have a table big enough for everyone to sit at, we had to use both the kitchen and dinning room tables. I really hope to have a long 8-10 person table one day and enough of our china to have everyone over for a formal dinner. One day.... and while I'm wishing, we also need WAY more places for people to sit in the living room. I am thinking a sectional would be really nice! Hint, Hint ;)

Here is Owen eating his dinner... I will spare you and not post a picture of Ben eating his, HA! Maybe I'll save that one for my very liberal "Mothering" Magazine.

And our happy little family. Owen is wearing the same shirt that he wore to the pumpkin patch... and although Ben still isn't looking at the camera, at least Owen doesn't have "apple boobs." And I guess Danny and I spent so much time getting everything else ready that we forgot to brush Owen's hair....







4 comments:
Happy Thanksgiving! The menu sounds delish!
Shame on Nana for leaving the roller in her hair!!!! Cute family picture of the 4 of you.
It sounds like you had a really nice time!
Your haircut is so pretty!
That looks like a wonderful Thanksgiving! I love the family pic!!!
Post a Comment