Sweet Ben...

My precious baby is growing and changing so fast. He's such a mature little fella and you can just see it so much in his sweet little eyes and the way he'll touch you with his little hands. He's so easy! He hardly ever gets upset and I actually don't recall a single cry from him in days! He'll get a little scared if Owen starts squealing and may cry a little if he's hungry, but really, that's it. He's mostly smiling, laughing and squealing himself (Owen thinks it's
hilarious!)He is already cutting teeth and one of his lower front teeth is already coming through. Isn't 4 months way
tooooo early for teeth???? Owen was almost a year before he got his first tooth. He responds so well to music and books and right now he loves Mimi's Toes and The Bear's New Friend. He loves to be on his play mats and the picture above shows how I found him the other morning after I checked my e-mail. He can now sit up very well in the
Bumbo, although we haven't been using it that much and I pulled out the
Jumperoo the other day for him to play in.... he's still a little small for it, but he'll get it soon.
and this little
genius...

Owen just amazing me everyday with his vocabulary and the things he can do. His newest word is "draw bridge"...what???He is speaking in 2-3 word
sentences, he LOVES his "letters" and as I have mentioned before, he knows all 26 and their sounds. He was counting backwards from 10 in the car yesterday (where did he learn this?). If he does it in Spanish, I'm going to assume it was Dora.... We are working on colors right now, which poses a bit more of a challenge. He knows pink and black, but
gets the others confused. He did go to the bathroom with Danny the other day and when
Danny finished, Owen looked in the toilet and said "yell-woo." He is really beginning to show interest in pretend play and his imagination is really starting to emerge. He'll cover his eyes and count and then uncover and shout "surprise." The other night at Crackle Barrel, he thought the little peg game on the table was a piece of cake and the tees were candles. He kept pretending to blow them out (way too many birthday celebrations..ya think!).He wants eggs, toast, juice and a
nana for every meal. He no longer wants us to cut up his food for him. He helps me by letting the dogs in and out of the house. He hates to wear socks unless they are
accompanied by his new (slightly used) shoes. He loves to give hugs and kisses still, which continue to warm heart!
-------------------------------------------------------------
I am hoping to move Ben to his room sometime soon, so I have been doing a little rearranging. I finally took the changing table out of Owen's room and moved it to Ben's room and I went through all the toys and pulled out all the ones Ben could play with now and in the next few months. We are hoping to transition Owen to a bigger bed and make his room more like a big boy room and less like a nursery. This make me happy and sad!
Here are a few pictures of Ben's room. I would still like to paint and we need to add some pictures to the walls, but it's getting there.
3 comments:
I love Ben's Nursey. I love the colors, plus it looks so pottery barnish. :) Wait, it probably is, hee hee. :) I think Owen is so smart. I can't wait until Skylar is doing that. Although, Terry's mom said Terry didn't talk until he was 3 and since Skylar looks like his dad... I'm a little worried. LOL
Love reading your updates! I think Ben's room looks great too! We're hoping to move Silas into his own room this weekend.
Isn't it amazing how much they change and grow and develop?
Ben's room looks great! You do such a great job with updates. I still haven't touched Liam's baby book. Isn't that awful?
Post a Comment