"Anything which parents have not learned from experience they can now learn from their children. " - Anonymous

Thursday, August 7, 2008

21 months


1 year ago today at 9 months
What he's been up to this month
- top incisors have come in, but he's still working on the bottom two (hence the chewing of fingers in photo #1)
- imitates us by licking his fingers (should I actually admit we lick our fingers? We do use a napkin too, I swear!)
- still obsessed with shoes. He likes to wear ours around the house
- knows letters A,E,F,G,O,C,T,N,M
- will say TaDa after doing things he wants your praise for
- climbs on EVERYTHING (very scary)
- loves giving Ben kisses (and everyone else for that matter. I think poor Miles has had enough kisses lately)
- can go down the stairs on his bottom now (huge help, especially when I'm caring Ben or a load of laundry)
- likes flushing the toilet (he'll also crawl up on the toilet and sit. Thankfully I always keep the lid down.)
- does all the motions for "If you're happy and you know it"
- just starting to wear size 5 diapers
-has to wear a onesie or one piece PJ's at night to keep him from playing with his diaper (we learned this after several messy mornings and washing loads of crib sheets)
- just went through a growth spurt (his head too, I swear!)
- is saying lots of new words and phrases. I have started keeping a list on the fridge
- loves bubbles and balls
- has started doing wood puzzles and can tackle his shape sorters all by himself
- I find him coming out of our closet dressed in Danny's dress shirts and ties almost everyday
- can put on his Crocs by himself (and says Crocs with a deep Russian accent)
- can get up in the kitchen chairs and onto the table, on our bed and all the furniture (scary). I am waiting for him to discover how to climb out of his crib
- pushes chairs around kitchen
- helps me by throwing his and Ben's diapers away
- I can only get my keys and the phone from him if I let him "help" me put them where they go
- he got my cell phone out of my purse the other day when it started ringing (a phone ringing is always accompanied by an "uh-o")
- likes to show off his belly and tends to pull up other kids (esp. little girls) shirts to see their belly's too
This little ham is becoming more and more independent everyday. He is growing so fast, way too fast if you ask me, and his little adventures continue to keep me on my toes.
I can't believe we'll be planning his second birthday party in 3 months.

6 comments:

Erika said...

It's amazing how different he looks, and how the same he looks at the same time.

He is so sweet and cute!

The Ledfords said...

SO precious! I like the new layout at the top with the pictures too!

Heather said...

Wow! What a big boy! I am also loving the new layout. I might have to copy you if you don't mind if I ever get around to posting again (of course I would us my own pics) LOL

Mimi said...

I have enjoyed looking at the pictures of Owen and Ben and how they are growing and changing. They don't stay little for very long, so enjoy every minute of it. I can remember when I had two in diapers at the same time. It gets easier as time goes on. Keep up the good work! :-) Merry Nichols

Anonymous said...

I'm glad he still wants to give Miles kisses! I love seeing the picture from one year ago compared with now. He's such a cutie.

Heather M. said...

It goes so fast, doesn't it?! He is an adorable little boy - it's so great to hear about his growing personality!