"Anything which parents have not learned from experience they can now learn from their children. " - Anonymous

Sunday, August 31, 2008

Wanna know more... the ANSWERS.

1. If you could live any other place in the world, where would it be? (Besides where you live now!)
I do love Asheville so, but if I were single and had no children, I would want to live in San Diego, California, Portland, Oregon or Seattle, Washington. I just fell in love with these cities when I was there.

2. What is the best part about being a mom for you? What is the hardest part?
Oh, there are so many wonderful things about being a mom! I love that I get to stay at home with Owen and Ben. I love watching them grow, change, and discover new things. I love how they look at me and I can tell they feel the same love for me as I do for them. I love how Owen gives me hugs and kisses, the way he says Mama makes my heart melt and his big smile makes my day! I love how Ben looks around to find me when he hears my voice, the way he smiles when I sing and talk to him, and the way he looks up at me when I am feeding him. I just know being a mom is what I was meant to do! Being a mom also makes me value and appreciate my mother for all that she has done and sacrificed for me.

The hard part, however, is hoping what I am doing is right. Am I disciplining Owen the way I should when he acts up? Am I teaching him everything I can teach him? Do I stimulate him daily? Am I making a mistake by letting Ben sleep with me now? Am I creating "Mama's boys?"

It’s also been hard, but worth it, to give up, or put on the back burner, the things I love and enjoy doing.

3. If you could do one thing for yourself right now, what would you do?
I love to get pampered! I would say, a day at the Grove Park Spa… just me and a good book (and perhaps a glass of red wine if I wasn't nursing Ben)!

4. What is your favorite thing about your new house?
As much as I miss our old neighborhood, I do really love our new house. I guess my overall favorite thing would have to be all the extra space (including LOTS of storage.)

5. Where would you like to go on your next vacation (if money were no issue)?
I would love to go to Barbados, The Greek Islands, Hawaii, New Zealand, Spain, back to Italy; oh the list could go on and on and on!

6. What's your first or favorite childhood memory?
As a child I always loved traveling to Ohio to visit my Dad’s family and I especially loved all the holidays with my mom’s family here in NC. And waking up on Christmas morning always brings back fond memories of childhood!

7. What's your favorite children's book?
There are so many books of Owen’s that I just love and love reading to him, but my favorite would have to be Goodnight Moon. Is this a generic response, kind of like saying your favorite Grateful Dead song is Touch of Gray? I love the Mouse Books (If you Give a Mouse a Cookie and If You Take a Mouse to School, just because I love that Owen loves these books!)

8. If you could go to the Olympics, what event would you compete in?
I would have to say diving or gymnastics. These are my favorite two to watch! I imagine I would be terrible at both; one because I hate to go under the water and two because I am tall and awkward.




Thanks Bethany, Heather and Crystal for playing along with me!

1 comment:

Heather M. said...

Love your answers, Crystal! It's so good to read more about you! :)