"Anything which parents have not learned from experience they can now learn from their children. " - Anonymous

Saturday, August 9, 2008

1 month

I just can't believe one month ago today (at 9:02 pm) this sweet, sweet baby boy came into this world. It seems like just yesterday that I held him for the first time and now I can't seem to put him down.

This little guy is...

- still sleeping most of the time and for the most part is sleeping well through the night. Bless the stork who delivered this baby to me!

- tends to wake up for a good hour or so in the mid afternoon (usually when Owen is napping. Ben probably knows this time is the safest) and for an hour or so around 9:30/10pm (after O goes to bed) and will sometimes wake up in the early morning to play

- really starting to fill out and "unfold" as Danny calls it

- becoming much more alert

- responds well to the music on both his play mats

- turns his head towards light

- will turn his head towards me when I am talking

- loves to cuddle and be held (esp. with his head on your chest)

- sleeps best cuddled up next to his mama and doesn't like to be in the bassinet at night (only during the day)

- becoming less yellow. He actually has a really pretty color now and just a little yellow still in the whites of his eyes.

- has had lots of visitors!

- visited the Grove Park Inn, Little Gym, the pool, the park, goes for walks, several restaurants (Moe's, Lucky Otter, Papa's and Beer, Panera Bread), and two birthday parties

- makes a clicking sound with his mouth and tongue

- holds my fingers while he's nursing

- such a great nurser, so much so, I am actually really enjoying doing it again! There is nothing like the way he looks up at me when he's eating and the sweet little sounds he makes.

6 comments:

The Ledfords said...

You are so lucky that he is a good sleeper!! That is awesome. I love the picture. He is SO darling.

Heather said...

He is a beautiful baby! You are lucky!! That really is a good picture-so creative :)

Anonymous said...

I love that picture! He's such an adorable little guy.

Heather M. said...

What a cutie! I love the update!

Anonymous said...

Really cute idea for pictures each month :) It will be fun to see how much he grows!- Ali

The Presnell's said...

He really is starting to "unfold", haha! Such a cute little man!