"Anything which parents have not learned from experience they can now learn from their children. " - Anonymous

Sunday, January 27, 2008

Only the size of an apple?

How is it that I look like I am carrying a cantaloupe and none of my clothes fit properly, but babycenter.com tells me the baby is only the size of an apple?

This week will mark my 15th week of pregnancy. I am officially in the second trimester and I am impatiently awaiting the day I'll wake-up without getting sick, without a headache, and with LOADS of energy. I am also getting very anxious to find out the sex of this baby. It's so amazing how different I feel during this pregnancy. I have started to show much earlier and I have not been as violently ill, nor have I craved the same types of food. With Owen I seemed to want more fruits and vegetables and I wanted nothing but water to drink, this time I want chocolate cake, chocolate cupcakes, ice cream, kool-aide and lemonade (which I have never liked.) I am wondering if the difference in savory vs. junk food cravings could also be the difference in carrying a boy or a girl. Who knows, but I hope to find out soon. I do want to note that Danny and I are not partial one way or the other. We would be equally as happy to have another boy as we would to have a little girl. The only thing we are concerned with is what this poor child will be named. Any suggestions????


In other news... we have been trying to sell our house for several months now with no luck. It doesn't help that we chose one of the worse times to try to sell and we went under contract to build a house with no contingency upon the sell of our current home. AHHHHHH, what were we thinking? The pressure is really on now, considering the house we are building is framed with a shingled roof, siding, windows and some plumbing. We had an open house today and our realtor said three sets of buyers and one nosy neighbor came through. All were interested, but of course had reason for doubt. The first buyer was concerned with price, the second was a husky lady who couldn't fit though our bathroom door (I never thought our bathroom door was small or at least not standard) , and the third wasn't down with popcorn ceilings. It's amazing what things can cost you the sell of your house. In December we had a lady come through who was about to put an offer in when she read through the restrictions of the neighborhood. Undoubtedly, you can only have 2 indoor cats and she had six. Honestly, who would really know you were a crazy cat lady? So, if you know of anyone looking to buy in our area, please send them our way.

As for my Owen, he is growing like a weed and changing oh so fast. He can now say banana (or nananananana), his shirts all look like belly tops, his feet are almost too big for his shoes, he laughs ALL the time, he can almost say oh boy, he says dawg dawg for the dogs, he gives the most precious kisses and he has become quite the little dancer and singer. I just love him (and we really, really hope we didn't use all our cute genes on him.)

8 comments:

The Ledfords said...

Look at your little bump! It looks much more like an orange than a cantaloupe, so don't worry!! ( :

My cravings have definitely changed throughout my pregnancy. My sweet tooth went away in the beginning, but now it is back in full force, and I love all the things you mentioned. But I still love the oranges and juice!

I hope you start feeling like you are in the 2nd trimester soon! I am hanging onto the energy for as long as I can!

Anonymous said...

U R sooo cute!
I think we might have a little girl.... But, it would be so fun to have another boy for Jack to play with.
We are looking forward to your visit!!!

Anonymous said...

the bump is too cute! :) as for the crazy cat lady, i know you want to sell your house, but, ick- i hate cats and of course, the turbos next door have 3 and where do they hang out now- with US! i wish nate would eat them! hope you feel better soon and i still like KATE- (Ali)

Joanna Bolick said...

Oh, you look so cute! I was really resentful of those food to baby size comparisons when I was having morning sickness w/ Cole - I mean, that's just wrong to talk about food when you're nauseous.

yay for chocolate cake, though! : )

I'm sorry it's been hard selling your house - I hope that this open house produces a buyer!!

Michael Juiliano said...

i'm so excited for you all!! guess who's coming to town this weekend? may i borrow your little rockstar for a bit?

Heather M. said...

You look awesome, Crystal!

When I was pregnant with Helayna, I finally started feeling better around 15 weeks so I hope that happens for you soon!

Can't wait to hear what you are having!

Anonymous said...

I know you will sell your house soon, and I'm sure that you have not used all of your "cute genes" you guys have plenty of those to go around! Can't wait til this weekend!

Heather said...

I think you look great!I can't wait to hear if Owen will have a brother or sister! You definitely need a girl(authough I'm sure boys are just as wonderful). I hope your house sells soon. I know what your'e going through. We're waiting to decide weather or not to start Abbie in school this coming year depending on if our house sells this year or not. We don't want to go through changing school districts and schools with Abbie. Hang in there! :)