
(8 week Ultrasound pic)
I had my 12 week check-up today and everything went great. I got to hear the baby's heartbeat, which was around 150-160 beats/minute. I had this fear driving to the appointment that there wouldn't be a heartbeat, so I was very excited to know the baby was doing just fine. I have lost a little weight and this was the only concern my doctor had.***Mark your calendars***
We will find out Febuary 25th if Owen will be big brother to a baby sister or baby brother.
Speaking of losing a few pounds, yesterday I took Owen for his haircut, got a sub from Subway and then took Owen to see Danny at work. When I was finally driving home, I looked down and noticed my engagement ring was gone. I immediately started to panic and had to pull over. I called Danny to check his office and parking lot and then I tried calling the hair salon and Subway. No luck. It wasn't until I got home and lifted Owen out of his car seat that I discovered he had been sitting on my ring. Because I have lost a few pounds, my fingers are a little smaller and my rings are loser. I noticed this a few weeks ago and I've even mentioned to Danny that I was afraid of losing them. I have decided to not wear my wedding rings until my fingers get back to normal and instead, I have decided to wear my right hand ring on my wedding finger. It fits more snug.
OK, and now about the chocolate cake... for the past few days I have really been craving chocolate cake. I have asked Danny every night to go to the store and get one and he didn't until last night. Around 8:30pm I talked him into going to the store and getting a cake and ice cream. When he got home, he had bought the WRONG chocolate cake. This one had two layers with icing and cherries on top. The one I wanted was a chocolate cream cake with more of a chocolate fudge icing. So when he saw this shear disappointment on my face, he grabbed the cake and drove back to the store. Awwww, what a sweet husband. I asked him if he told the clerk it was for his pregnant wife, and he said just that that per his pregnant wife, this was the wrong cake.
A little after 9pm I had my cake and ice cream and let me say, it was by far worth all the trouble Danny went to to get it.
8 comments:
So happy to hear your appointment went well! I can't wait to hear what you are having! That was sweet of Danny to get you the cake. I have been having MAJOR sweet cravings lately, but I haven't had to ask Wes to go get me anything yet!
Two snaps to Danny for the "Husband-of-Pregnant Wife of the Year" effort. Loved the story. I myself being a cake connoiseur, fully understand the importance of just the right cake (baby in utero not a requirement for me).
By the way, I think I know where you lost your "few pounds". Was there a reward offered??
good job Danny! Great seeing you yesterday.
julie
Awwww! Way to go, Danny!
I'm so glad you found your ring!
I think if you're craving chocolate it must be a girl, right?? I can't wait for you to find out!
Hope you are feeling okay!
Can I borrow Danny? LOL I am so happy for you. Before Michael and I got married, I took off my engagement ring and put it in my scrub top pocket to wash dishes. A little while later, I couldn't find it--searched frantically for it everywhere! It had fell out into the recliner and was on the floor. I had heart palpatations for days!! :)
Ok- It's not fair to loose weight gal!!!! I am still trying to fit into "normal" clothes.....
Jack was a preemie.....
J/K- I ope you are not as sick after u get over this 1st trimester.....
We love u!!!!
Heidi & Baby Jack
LOL!! That's awesome! What a sweet husband!
Can't wait to hear if baby is a boy or girl!
And I'm so glad you found your ring! I hope you are feeling better soon and gaining some weight!
glad to see the little peanut on the ultrasound! looking forward to finding out G or B?!?! - Ali
Post a Comment