"Anything which parents have not learned from experience they can now learn from their children. " - Anonymous

Thursday, January 17, 2008

gap

For Christmas Danny bought me a sweater from Gap. It was a perfect fit, but I knew it wouldn't be long before my belly couldn't squeeze into it. We tried to exchange it just after Christmas, but no stores had any. I decided to keep the sweater and try returning it later. Danny took it back for me last week and this time a store in Winston-Salem had one in stock (someone must have returned it just for me.) So he returned mine and ordered the one from the other store. Tuesday night UPS delivered a package and a few minutes later came back with a second package. Danny opened the first delivered box and it was a different sweater meant for someone named Alicia. The second delivered box was indeed my new sweater (which I LOVE!). I called the store in Winston and told the manager the story. She asked if I could return the package to my Gap and have them re-ship it to Alicia. So yesterday I took the package back and the store manager gave me a 15% off my entire purchase code to use that day. I had planned on spending a gift card Owen received for his birthday anyways and they were having some really good deals. The associate told me that once Gap marks anything down to a .97, they have the right to half that.


Here is what I bought ....


4 shirts, 1 sweatshirt, 5 pants ($50) all for next winter. I was so excited. I had already cashed in on some Old Navy bargains too. Owen should be in pretty good shape for fall/winter.

4 comments:

The Ledfords said...

What a deal! I was hoping you weren't going to tell me something bad about GAP, because it remains one of my favorite stores! They have some really cute new maternity stuff online right now for spring, by the way!

Anonymous said...

hey- also, for owen and the new baby, i went to old navy a few days ago to buy clothes for the girls (for birthday presents, for summer, etc..) and i got them each 7 outfits (14 total) and it was $30!!! can't beat that when you are buying for two at a time :) love it! everything is 75% off!- Ali

Heather said...

Owen is going to be a stylin' little man!(not that he isn't already). Watch out girls! :)
That is really a GREAT deal you got!

Heather M. said...

Wow, that's awesome!!! Good for you! Owen is gonna looks so hip!