"Anything which parents have not learned from experience they can now learn from their children. " - Anonymous

Thursday, January 31, 2008

Bye-Bye

This afternoon Danny left for Phoenix. It just happened to work out that he has a client there who requested a meeting all the while his best buds, Darwin and "Rold Gold," have tickets to the Super Bowl. They are making a weekend of it and according to Rold Gold, they're "Going to make it rain." I am assuming this means they are planning to have a really good time. I told Danny to expect divorce papers if I find any evidence they were even near anywhere resembling a topless establishment.

I helped Owen make a card for Danny's suit case. It's just a blue card with his handprint in white. I included a picture and put a banana sticker on the outside (since they're Owen's favorite these days.) I almost couldn't find room in the suit case for the card. Danny, for three days, packed the largest bag we own. I thought I would be nice and put it in the car, but I couldn't even roll it to the hallway. He was even joking he didn't have room for all his man products in his toiletries bag. It was coming down to whether or not he should pack deodorant or his curl enhancing product. Ha! I told him he could just pack it next to the "Brokeback" shirt he purchased for the trip (see shirt next to Owen in suit case.)

...Please cross your fingers for us, we have a showing tomorrow from 10-11am. I went out to the new house today and they are busy doing the electrical work and they have installed our shower and bath tubs.

4 comments:

The Ledfords said...

Aww, I bet it will be nice and warm in Phoenix. Gotta love the guy trips! That's pretty funny about the suitcase!

Joanna Bolick said...

You are hilarious!!!
So funny!
I soooo hope the showing goes well!

me said...

Here's hoping for a good showing!!!
Danny will have a great time...hopefully no divorce papers though! :)

Heather M. said...

So sweet of you to make him a card! I hope the showing went well!!!!