"Anything which parents have not learned from experience they can now learn from their children. " - Anonymous

Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Weekend adventures


This past weekend Danny went out of town for a bachelor party,so I thought it would be a great weekend for my mom and I to spend some time together (it was also her birthday weekend). We asked my two aunts, cousin and grandma to come, but my aunt Linda was the only taker.

Mom and Linda arrived around 7:30pm on Friday and Owen and I met them at Blue Sky Cafe for dinner. After dinner we came back to the house and visited. Saturday morning we got up, had a few pots of coffee and then grabbed a late lunch/early dinner at Carrabba's followed by a trip to Target to pick-up a new toy for Owen. On Sunday we drove to Weaverville for breakfast at Stoney Knob Cafe. Danny usually does the driving, so when I got to Weaverville I realized I didn't know what exit to take. After driving around the world, we finally made it to the cafe. We met a very friendly nature photographer (George Humphries) while we were eating.

Here are a few pictures from the weekend...
Grandma & Owen

Owen & Great Auntie Linda

Owen giving mommy kisses

Owen's new toy
(thanks Grandma!)

3 comments:

Heather said...

How nice that your mom and aunt live close enough to visit! I love the pics they are sooooo cute.

Anonymous said...

That's so wild!! George Humphries taught at my high school.

Heather M. said...

Sounds like it was an AWESOME weekend!! We just got back from spending the weekend with my mom!