"Anything which parents have not learned from experience they can now learn from their children. " - Anonymous

Thursday, July 26, 2007

I'm not a GIRL!

I could have Owen dressed in blue from head-to-toe with a shirt that says "I am not a girl," and people would still stop us and ask "How old is SHE?" It's not just once in awhile, it's EVERYWHERE we go. The first 50 or so times someone commented on what a pretty little girl I had I took it personally, now I just nod and say thank you. I don't bother correcting people anymore. Perhaps he is just a pretty boy, maybe it's his hair, or big blue eyes. Who knows, but you would think the shear amount of blue he wears along with his ball caps, someone would get it right.

Here's a picture of Owen doing what MALES do.... controlling the remote. He likes to change the channel, turn the volume up way high (he must get this from his DaDa), and somehow he manages to find options on the TV I never knew we had...thank goodness there is an exit button for me to get out of the screens he manages to get into. If only there was an exit button on the computer. He likes to hit the shift key just as I am hitting a letter and I get all these toolbars and screens that I don't have a clue how to get out of.

If you look close you can see his first tooth.



And here he is in an outfit with TOOLS all over it. We were out doing some shopping while he was wearing this and I had 4 ladies come up and make sweet little and pretty little girl comments.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah..I have people ask me if Colin is a boy or girl too!! I dont think he looks like a girl. He does have the most beautiful big blue eyes..but who said a boy can't have pretty eyes?

Anonymous said...

just to clarify..I was talking about O, not C. haha

me said...

Either way, you have a beautiful baby!!!!

Heather M. said...

We get that with Helayna a lot too - people think she's a boy and she can have PINK from head to toe and still people think she's a boy. Why is that?!
I always look at the clothes now before I make any sort of comment when I see a baby and if I can't be sure, I just say something like, "what a little cutie!" because I know what it's like when they are wrong.
Owen is a beautiful little BOY! I love his BOY clothes and BOY hair and BOY eyes. But I admit, you might be in for some trouble when he gets older - just wait until the girls start calling. ;) He is a good-looking little guy.

Heather said...

Yes,I STILL get that said about Abbie and she's almost 4! It doesn't help that she has no hair either. We go to McDonald's drive thru and I ask for a toy for a GIRL and the girl at the window says what a cute boy he is. She tells me now that she needs a hairbow everyday so everyone won't think she's a boy. Bless her! Of course I went through the same thing in 2nd grade I was the little boy with earrings. Owen looks like a BOY--what a cutie! :)

Joanna Bolick said...

hahaha, yup! HE is a cutie - love that little tooth showing through!

shelby valadez said...

we get the same kind of comments all the time! Anna could be wearing pink and people will still say whay a cute boy she is!