"Anything which parents have not learned from experience they can now learn from their children. " - Anonymous

Sunday, July 1, 2007

Grandma Karen's Visit

I convinced my mom to take part of her vacation this week and to come visit with me and O. We met in Gaffney for an unsuccessful shopping trip on Wednesday. Owen was a little fussy due to two lower incisors that are trying their hardest to come through. It was also fairly hot outside, making for poor outdoor Outlet shopping and I don't think there is one shirt or pair of pants meant to fit this postpartum body.

Thursday we tried our shopping luck once again at Target and Old Navy, and still no luck. I bought one shirt and mom bought me a really cute purse. At Target I did pick up a pack of Munchkin Fresh Food Feeders, which I have been wanting to get for sometime, and a cloth duck for bath time.


Here are a few pictures of mom and Owen reading.



Here is Owen eating Watermelon and using his fresh food feeder for the first time. (I froze the watermelon hoping it would feel good on his tender little gums.)


and here he is getting his bath after making a mess with the watermelon juice...

On Friday we went to the pool. Owen seems to really enjoy the water. We were only there for a short time until it started to thunder and rain. We left and went for a late lunch at Moe's (my favorite.) YUM!




We were sad for Grandma to leave on Saturday morning. Well at least I was. Owen was more interested in watching The Mickey Mouse Clubhouse. Just kidding. He had a few open mouth, wet kisses for Grandma before she left.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm always sad when Grandma leaves here too - sigh...It looks like O had some good bonding time with her though - that's awesome!
Aren't those feeders the best?! We love ours. H eats watermelon all the time! YuM!

Anonymous said...

Oh and I keep meaning to ask - does O have teeth now? Which ones?
H still doesn't have any - although I'm sure they are coming soon - she's been a bit fussy lately and chewing HARD on everything.