"Anything which parents have not learned from experience they can now learn from their children. " - Anonymous

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

It's about time!

We finally devoted the time and energy to potty training Owen. It was time for him and for us! We have also started looking at preschools and it was necessary for him to be out of diapers before this fall. I really thought it might take us until August, but after we broke out the potty chair we were off to a good start!

We started with naked training, because he treated his underpants as a diaper and would just go in them. After a few days of that, we were able to leave him in underpants and he would let us know if "it was getting closer." I still put a diaper on him for naps and bedtime, but he's waking up dry, which is GREAT!!!! We've even had a few outings with no accidents, yay!!!!! I am a little cautious and will put a diaper over his underpants if he can't go before we leave the house. He has done really well with telling us when we are out if he needs to go and he's ok with the big potty.

Funny thing is, Ben is lifting the lid on the potty chairs and sitting on them. Hopefully this is a sign that he will train much earlier than Owen who is 3 yrs 3months.

5 comments:

The Presnell's said...

Great job Owen!!! :)

Heather M. said...

WTG Owen!!! You'll be sooo glad when he's finally out of diapers. It's awesome.

Heather said...

Great job! I started potty training Lily over the summer when she was 18 months. I didn't want two in diapers when Luke arrived! It took a few months, but now at 25 months, she only wears a diaper at night. Congratulations on the potty training and the new baby!

Heather said...

So sorry. I should have read your older posts before commenting. I went through the same thing before Lily. It is hard at first. Let yourself cry when you need to and take care of yourself. I know we don't really know each other, but you are in my prayers.

Maggie said...

We're so proud of Owen! Isn't naked training the way to go? I have a feeling I may regret it with Liam though:)