One of the many perks of Danny working for the TV station is getting comp tickets to events. We have a harder time getting tickets for things we would like, but we have been VERY lucky to get tickets for shows and events the kids would like.
A few weeks ago, I saw a commercial for Curious George Live and asked Danny if we could get tickets. This was actually his account, so he contacted his rep and she sent him 4 front row tickets. We were dead center and couldn't be any closer unless we sat on the stage.
Owen and Ben seemed to really enjoy the show. They both clapped and waved and were on their best behavior! And since the tickets were free, we found a place on the street to park (free), we popped our own popcorn from home (free), we managed to avoid leaving with a $5 balloon or $15 spinning thing, all we spent was a few dollars on a pretzel and drink for Danny and I to share.
2 comments:
When I used to work at the TV station, I also got great free tickets to things (and it helps when you're the GM's assistant). And with Joe at the Ford Center Arena, we are very spoiled, I must say. Before the NBA team arrived at the arena, there were many times, I preferred to sit in the suite. But ONE time, I actually got to sit on the row behind the Hornets when they were playing (after Hurricane Katrina) and it was awesome. I could see how big those guys really are and I could read their TATTOOS! HA HA!
that looks like so much fun!
Post a Comment