"Anything which parents have not learned from experience they can now learn from their children. " - Anonymous

Monday, September 28, 2009

Family fun

Saturday morning Danny's mom and her husband came for a short visit. She had started "couponing" and she brought us a huge box of groceries and toiletries (we have enough cereal to last us the rest of the year and I have enough kotex to last me until menopause!). She said she'd teach me how, but when she showed me her coupon book (a HUGE zippered notebook filled with baseball card sleeves and organized alphabetically by product), printouts about coupon deals, and then told me she buys something like 16 newspapers and stacks her coupons a certain way when she shops, looks coupons up on line to decode them to see if they would work for a different product, etc., I realized there was no way I could ever be a couponer. I am doing good to get to 1 store, I can't imagine trying to get to three, keep up with trends, and double, triple coupon days, etc. I did ask if we could just pay her to do it for us, ha! I was really impressed at how much she gets for free and how little she pays for things and was even more impressed that Wal-mart actually had to pay her .44 cents the other night. CRAZY!

After they left, we got ready to head to Cullowhee to watch WCU/Furman. We had free tickets to the game and we were pretty excited about going to see the campus and taking the kids to a game. WHAT WERE WE THINKING???? It was pouring rain when we left our house and we really had high hopes it wouldn't be raining so hard in the Whee, but it was. We drive over an hour to get there, drove through campus and around Cullowhee and then headed home.

We decided to go to Brixx for dinner, so we stopped off at Biltmore Park for dinner and a little dancing in the rain. They have live music on Saturday nights and even though it was raining, my little dancing machine boogied with the all the other white folks that thought they could dance too. Danny and I just stood there in amazement watching Owen dance. He has more rhythm in his little foot than we have combined.

We headed home and Owen must have still had the music in his head, because he and Ben pulled out our pans and wooden spoon and played drums in the kitchen for almost 45 minutes.



After the kitchen concert, they curled up in my lap and we watched Finding Nemo.

(BTW, why is there either an absence of the mother figure or she dies in Disney movies????)
Life couldn't be better!


Just in case you missed the video on Facebook, here are my little budding musicians.

I'm adding new spring form pans to my Christmas list, ha!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Chip says it sounds like Led Zeppelin

Mom

The Presnell's said...

I think the video is so cute!! We have all our drawers locked, so Skylar never gets the chance, ahah! Maybe I should let him do this every so often. It's so sweet to capture for memories later.