"Anything which parents have not learned from experience they can now learn from their children. " - Anonymous

Friday, August 28, 2009

Staying busy

I feel like I have been really slack at updating our family blog lately. Owen and Ben keep me on my toes and there really isn't a lot of time to sit down and catch up. I am usually nursing Ben or feeding Ella if I am on the computer, making one handed typing very difficult!

We are leaving for Florida tomorrow morning and will be there for 7 days. We are so ready to mentally check out it's not even funny!

In the meantime, I will leave you with some pictures from this week...

Owen
and his new obsession with my shoes
Ben
has discovered how to crawl up the stairs
he's super fast... we really have to make sure ALL gates are closed at ALL times!
These two love nights where they get to take
bubble baths together!
Owen
is a huge Alton Brown fan and
he is all about helping in the kitchen these day!
(We were making pumpkin pancakes)

He has also been refusing nap time, however, he tends to fall asleep during dinner.


We celebrated Julie's "23'rd" birfday
at Blue Sky Cafe with a yummy dinner and
PINK "mufcakes"

Owen wearing my shoes again.
This time he requested I get the camera and take a picture.

Ben
could spend HOURS playing in the cabinets.

Our downstairs "Play Room."
There would have been a beautiful dining room table in here if the guy on Craig's List wouldn't have screwed me over.
(Long Story...Now, however, we have a guy who is going to make us one and hopefully a mantle for the fireplace.)
(and yes, that's a coffee stain on the rug. The kids don't seem to mind.)

4 comments:

Heather M. said...

love the photos! thanks for the update! have a great time in florida! and owen is soooo going to regret asking you to take a photo of him wearing your shoes when he gets older! haha!

Anonymous said...

Love the update!

Kristen

The Presnell's said...

I heard about the table on FB, ugh!! Good thing is that you will have one that is made especially for you and it will be exactly what you wanted!! :) Love the pictures of the boys. It always looks like so much fun at your house. Oh, Skylar loves wearing my heels too, ahah!

Anonymous said...

These pics are so cute! At least your boys can have fun with things around them and not tons and tons of toys! I hope you all have a great time in Florida! Enjoy it! Can't wait to see more pics!