"Anything which parents have not learned from experience they can now learn from their children. " - Anonymous

Monday, August 17, 2009

Cara's wedding

We traveled to Charlotte for the weekend to celebrate the union of one of our dear friends, Cara. She and Jonathan were married at St Mary's Chapel in Uptown Charlotte. Cara was breathtakingly beautiful and the wedding was as perfect as it could be with 3 3 1/2 year old flower girls and an 18 month old ring bearer, ha! The girls almost had a fight going down the aisle and the little boy cried almost the entire ceremony.
Ben was pretty excited and found it humorous to squeal during prayer and scream during the music solo, so Danny thought it appropriate to stand outside. (Owen stayed with my mom and Chip and went to a birthday dinner fro my Aunt Debbie.)

They actually have the same scowl in this picture...
The mini-family picture...should've taken my glasses off.
Danny's BFF Darwin...
Ben in the car at the Urban Target uptown. It was a pretty hot day and I forgot to apply deodorant, so we had to make a pitstop. It was pretty hot at the reception as well, so I am very glad we stopped (I imagine her guests were equally as glad!)
Kate and Darwin (she's expecting a little arrival in October... We can't wait to meet Liam Quayde Brandis!!!)
The stunning and ever so yummy cake!
A gorgeous and tasty reception at Pewter Rose Bistro (which just happens to be the same place I had dinner before my senior prom.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I absolutely love Pewter Rose! I've been there several times with my mom for girlie time! Love the pics!