We had been wanting to move Owen into a twin bed for sometime and with his crib being recalled, we figured now was a good time. We got really lucky and sold our replacement crib pretty quickly on Craig's List and used that money to buy Owen a twin mattress and box spring (with a great hook up from one of Danny's clients.) We already had the headboard and foot board (it goes with the furniture we have divided between both boys rooms, which was my furniture at mom's before she put a queen bed in her guest room.
Here is a picture of the room just after the mattress was delivered. I put an old quilt on the bed and put his crib mattress down to use as a step stool/landing in case of a fall.
We also took Ben for his first hair cut tonight. I was a little worried at how he would react to a stranger touching him, but he did GREAT!
Just for fun, click HERE to see Owen and his 1st haircut.
5 comments:
It's a good thing I didn't know exactly when you were doing this, I might have cried too!! Can't wait to see that handsome boy!
-julie
I know seeing him get his first haircut must have been hard, but at least they didn't cut away his cuteness!!!! They are both too cute!
Oh wow, you've had some busy days with your growing boys! Good luck with the bed! I hope the transition goes well.
That's awesome! We are going to try and keep Skylar in his crib for at least another year or until he really climbs out. He did once already, but hasn't attempted it again. :) Skylar would be into EVERYTHING if he had freedom. :) I can't wait to see the finished project with the sheets. :)
That's awesome! We are going to try and keep Skylar in his crib for at least another year or until he really climbs out. He did once already, but hasn't attempted it again. :) Skylar would be into EVERYTHING if he had freedom. :) I can't wait to see the finished project with the sheets. :)
Post a Comment