Danny and I have been needing a vacation for sometime; I think ALL of us needed to get a way for a few days (including Molly and Sam!) Lucky for us, one of Danny's best friends lives in Wilmington, just a few miles from Carolina Beach, aaaaand they have a POOL. Darwin and Kate are expecting their first baby in October, so we knew we needed to go see them before they completely transformed their guest room into a nursery.
We left Asheville Thursday evening and made an overnight stop in Denver to visit with mom and Chip and to leave Molly and Sam with them. Darwin and Kate already have 3 dogs and 2 cats and we were not about to subject them to 2 more animals (Owen, Ben and all they things were plenty to ruin them from having us visit ever again!)
Friday morning we got on the road and finally made our way into Wilmington sometime after 2pm. I think 2 days at the beach, time in the pool, a trip to the aquarium and a stop for ice cream constitutes as a vacation, don't you?









This trip was not without it's drama, seat kicking, dog bites, crying and screaming, but it was by all means a trip away from home that we all needed! Thanks Darwin and Kate for taking us in for the weekend and mom and Chip for watching Molly and Sam!!!
Last years Beach trip is
HERE and
HERE.
3 comments:
Looks like fun! I can't believe the difference between this year and last year.
Still can't figure out what's wrong w/ me! My friend's husband (who I visited this past weekend) has strep though-- so it's probably good I canceled-- even though I'm not that sick... just in case I was carrying it.
Hopefully we will be completly in the clear by Monday!
-julie
Love the pics. Owen and Ben looked like they were having a great time. :) We're going in a couple of weeks. So excited and so much needed!!
looks like a great time! i wish we were that close to the beach!
Post a Comment