"Anything which parents have not learned from experience they can now learn from their children. " - Anonymous

Monday, June 1, 2009

Surprise and planned guests and a trip to the pool...

ALL make for a WONDERFUL weekend!!!

Friday night our old neighbor and dear friend, Kristen, called and said she was in town and her and her daughter, Erin would like to come visit. I couldn't have been more excited to see them!!!

Erin and Owen went upstairs and played and played while Kristen and I had a chance to visit and catch-up. It was such a wonderful surprise visit!!!
Here is a picture of Owen and Erin about 2 years ago.

Saturday, we decided to go grab lunch at Blue Sky Cafe and while I was packing lunch for Owen and Ben, Danny mentioned going to the pool. Owen overheard and got so excited, there was no way we couldn't take him!

It was a perfect afternoon with a nice breeze and the pool wasn't too packed. Owen was like a little fish and was a little more daring than we thought he'd be. Last year he was more interested in running in the grass and around the pool and all we did was chase him. This time, we had a hard time getting him out of the water (that was until he was ready to take a nap.)

We had taken Ben to the pool a few weeks after he was born and we went to the beach last year when he was 2 months, but he was too young to actually get in the water. This was his first real pool experience, and he LOVED it!!!





It's hard to tell here, but Owen loves his swim vest and refused to take it off. He napped like this for about 2 hours.
Danny and put sunscreen on the kids, but didn't put any on ourselves and are paying for it dearly! Note to lobster-self.... WEAR sunscreen next time!!!

After the pool, we got home and inflated the kids new bouncy house my mom bought them last week (it's rained every day and our back yard has been super soggy, so this was our first opportunity to get it out.)

Owen, Ben and our neighbor's little boy, Everett, had a ball playing in it. I imagine we'll be getting it out a lot this summer. Hopefully to wear them out before bedtime!!!




On Sunday, another old neighbor, Michael, stopped by to visit and meet Ben. He was in town to photograph a wedding at the Biltmore House. We had really nice visit and wish he lived closer! Arkansas is WAY too far away!!!
(I took a few pictures of Michael with Owen and Ben, but for the life of me can not find where I left the camera....)

5 comments:

Heather M. said...

looks like a great weekend! i love the pool photos! and helayna would think she'd died and gone to heaven if we had a bouncy castle in our backyard!

Anonymous said...

You seriously have a bouncy house? I thought you were kidding or meant something else! I want to play! Is there a weight limit :-)
-julie

shelby said...

looks like a perfect weekend! how fun! love the bouncy house!

Anonymous said...

Great to see you guys. Sorry we missed Michael. Let's do it again soon!

Love ya-
Kristen

The Presnell's said...

We are getting one of those too, the exact same one you have, too funny. I think they are perfect for small kiddos! Side note, I can't believe how big Ben is. I mean looking at those pictures reminds me of Skylar from last year at the pool. WOW... Man, I so wished our neighborhood had a pool!! UGH