"Anything which parents have not learned from experience they can now learn from their children. " - Anonymous

Monday, February 2, 2009

It's potty time!

Guess who went pee pee in the potty????


The other night after Owen got out of the bath, he followed me into Ben's room, dropped his towel and said "uh-o." I picked Ben up out of his crib, turned around and there was Owen peeing ALL over himself and the floor. I put Ben back in his crib, took Owen back to the bath and then cleaned the carpet.

So tonight when Owen got out of the bath, I dried him off and immediately sat him on the toilet. He sat there for a minute or so while the water drained and all of a sudden.... he started to go potty. It was a good bit and I am so glad it wasn't in the floor this time.

I imagine this was just a fluke, but it was so exciting to see his little face light up when he went. We did a little dance and he kept hugging me. I know he was proud of himself. We'll try again. Maybe I'll keep doing this after bath time and hope it catches on other times during the day. Baby steps!

4 comments:

Heather said...

Yeah for Owen! I'm doing the pee-pee dance for him! I remember those days(vaguely) :) Sweet pictue of him and Ben LOVE it!

Anonymous said...

yea! I am so excited for you and Owen! Good luck!

The Presnell's said...

YAAAY, that's what Skylar does too. He hasn't done #2 yet. Isn't this potty thing fun? NOT!! :) Way to go Owen!!!

Heather M. said...

Good for him! that's awesome!

we're not any where close to being trained - helayna's not really interested so i'm not pushing but i can't wait until she's trained.