"Anything which parents have not learned from experience they can now learn from their children. " - Anonymous

Tuesday, September 9, 2008

2 months and 2 months to go




My sweet Ben turns 2 months today. Over the past month, he has started to stay awake a lot more during the day. He still sleeps really well at night, but there have been a few nights where he has woke-up to eat. He is so much more alert these days. He seems to be very aware of things going on around him like the dogs, Owen, ceiling fans and lights, noises and of course our voices. He has also started batting at objects...and us... we call him our little fly swatter. I just love newborn reflexes; they're so cute! He's also still the most content baby. He smiles and coos and hardly ever cries.


I took him to the doctor this past Friday to have his right eye looked at. He has had some trouble with this eye since he was born. The doctor said it was just a clogged tear duct and if I "milked" it twice a day, it would help and as he grows, the problem will go away. They weighed him while we were there, and he is already up to 11 lbs 5 oz. I notice his clothes getting more and more snug everyday.


___________________________________


Wild and CRAZY Owen turned 22 months on Sunday. I guess I was so caught up in being a football widow that I forgot to mention O's monthly birthday. Well he is indeed growing and changing so much and we are down to two months before his 2nd birthday.


In the past month, Owen has really taken to learning his ABC's. He can say almost all of them and he recognizes around 18 correctly.


He can count to 16 (we have 16 steps). Thirteen sounds more like "he he," but we know what he means.


He is learning so many more animals and their sounds.


He loves to look at pictures of himself


He is interested in sitting through longer books, which I LOVE!


He is becoming more and more picky about the foods he'll eat.


He is truly happier with a cookie in each hand!


He is really getting a lot better with Ben. He is more gentle and still very loving and affectionate.


We have started working on coloring and every morning we go outside and play with sidewalk chalk.


He dances to the freecreditreport.com commericals.


He has learned what TIME-OUT is all about. Today I asked him if he wanted to go to time-out (after he was screaming at the top of his lungs) and he said, "no" and walked over to our time-out spot and sat down. I think he's starting to get it. He's only been in Time-Out 3 times in the past two weeks. Although, he probably deserves to go at least once a day. J/K





3 comments:

The Presnell's said...

Terry sings the song from freecreditreport.com EVERY time it comes on. UGH!!! I will say that I rather Terry sing than see him dance, aha.. I love the pictures you're taking with the blocks. I think I might steal that idea when we decide on a second child.. (not any time soon!!) :)

The Presnell's said...

I don't have your email, but we would love to come see you guys! You guys are past Asheville right? Are you going to any football games this year? I think we are going up for the App/Western game and possibly for the game that Brad Hoover gets inducted to the Hall of Fame. We should go to one of of those games too. Get the old crowd to go at the same time. How much fun would that be?

Michael Juiliano said...

i love that photo!