"Anything which parents have not learned from experience they can now learn from their children. " - Anonymous

Friday, May 2, 2008

Suggestions....

The people who bought our house negotiated our washer and dryer into their offer, so now we have to buy new ones. AHHHHHH! We actually love the Whirlpool Gold set that we have, but they are no longer being made. A lot of the major brands have come out with new designs recently, and most of them are getting mixed reviews. I don't know what to think about front loaders (other than they use less water and look very attractive) since they get mixed reviews and are expensive to repair.

Have any of you purchased a new set (front or top loaders)? Any suggestions????

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

hand wash everything from now on.... :)- Ali

Heather M. said...

We have lived a couple places with front loaders and we LOVED them - they are way easier on your clothes, you can wash more stuff in them (delicates, etc), use less water and are more energy efficient. We've never "owned" them so I can't say anything about repairing them. But if we had a choice we'd get a front loader for sure.

Heather said...

I am one to keep adding to the wash as it is filling up or even washing. Front loader is NOT for me! :) Our home is under contract so to speak (we sold it to a guy we know after it went off the market with our relator). He came over last night to go over the papers with us and his mortgage broker. We should be out by the end of June. Yea! Now to find a place to rent while we build. I hope to negotiate for him to keep our dog who stays outside in an invisible fence while we build. I hope he says yes!!! Can't wait for your shower...I need to see if my mom can watch Abbie so I can come :)

Anonymous said...

My sister Jeni said her front loader was a lot of trouble....So she went back to the norm.
I would go for something energy efficient & price wise...
Her's was on te 2nd floor & they had many many problems....

The Ledfords said...

I have no experience with the front loaders, but being tall and pregnant I don't like my front loader dryer right now, so I am betting I would not like the washer to be like that either! Just my thoughts on them!!